Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Post: Feedback on New Aero Board Racer Please

BobJ

Practically Family
One of the best looking jackets on this forum! If you are happy with the freedom of motion... I'd say you scored BIG, brother! :D

Ditto about the wind flap. Is it something you could snip the threads and take off yourself, or is it buried in the zipper seam? If it's not easy to remove, perhaps a tailor could trim it to half its width. In any case, it's not a big deal, and I'm sure many people would prefer it.

wodo

New in Town
Looks great!
My son is going to order a Board Racer as well in size 40. He tried a Cafe Racer before, but it was the same situation as it was for you, the shoulders were far too wide.
Could you please so kind as to give us your personal measuremant data, so that we can compare these data with the data of my son. (If you do not like to publish the data here, you could send us a personal note.)

Thank you for your help and good look with the jacket
With kind regards
Wodo

Stevie Weevie

New in Town
Wow, thanks for the pics. From the back view that CR looks WAY bigger in the shoulders than what I expected! Maybe I'll need to size down from what I currently have in a BR to accomplish the fit I am looking for if I end up going with a CR style. Again, thanks for the reply!

Yes, from my (limited) experience I’d say the CR should be something like BR minus one size.

Last edited:

Stevie Weevie

New in Town
Looks great!
My son is going to order a Board Racer as well in size 40. He tried a Cafe Racer before, but it was the same situation as it was for you, the shoulders were far too wide.
Could you please so kind as to give us your personal measuremant data, so that we can compare these data with the data of my son. (If you do not like to publish the data here, you could send us a personal note.)

Thank you for your help and good look with the jacket
With kind regards
Wodo

Hi Wodo,

My measurements wearing a tshirt are:

Shoulders: 18”
Back length (nape of neck to waistline): 21”
Height: 5ft 10”
Relaxed Chest: 38.5”
Expanded Chest: 40.5”
Waist: 34.5”
Stomach 33.5”

In a suit jacket I take 40R. Formal shirts I go for 15” neck slimfit usuallly.

I’d recommend emailing Holly (or actually probably anyone) at Aero and going with what they suggest. If they have any jackets on the sale rail which look in the right ballpark you could grab one and try it, they offer full refund so your only liability is the P&P.

Good luck and perserve, I really enjoyed the discovery / exploration / buying process.

Best
Stevie

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
One of the best looking jackets on this forum! If you are happy with the freedom of motion... I'd say you scored BIG, brother! :D

Ditto about the wind flap. Is it something you could snip the threads and take off yourself, or is it buried in the zipper seam? If it's not easy to remove, perhaps a tailor could trim it to half its width. In any case, it's not a big deal, and I'm sure many people would prefer it.

It's sewn deep into the zipper seam, so not an easy job. But I don't think it's that big a deal. The only situation where I'd get it taken off was if the zip needed to be replaced, which would allow it to be taken out at the same time.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I’ve been lurking on the Forum for a couple of months or so sucking in the collective knowledge of the forum and generally enjoying geeking out on leather jackets.

Having sent my measurements up to the lovely people at Aero , I promptly ignored Holly’s advice that it wouldn’t work on me and bought a 40” Cafe Racer from their “sale rail”. Of course she was right and I was wrong so back it went, to be replaced today by this 40” Board Racer, also from the sale rail. I just wanted to see the how the BR cut would look on me and work out sizing to be honest.

But it kind of blew me away. I *think* I’ve decided to keep it, but before I finally decide I’d love to get some feedback from the good people of the Fedora Lounge.

So - what do you think folks? As say, I think I know the answer but it’s a lot of money so I guess I’m seeking confirmation from the cognoscenti: Is this the jacket for me?

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to receiving honest feedback.

Best
Steve
PS not really sure how to upload photos so sorry if they are at the start not the end . . .

View attachment 94971 View attachment 94972 View attachment 94974

View attachment 94975
Doesn't get any better than that.

Oh, and keep the wind flap. Don't change a thing. Don't mess with it. Wear and enjoy it.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perfect fit.

I would send it back and get it redone without the windflap (unless you ride a bike) and with the linning of your dreams.
But fit wise, this is awesome!

I ride and find the wind flap does not make a big difference- It does make a difference for me when I fight every time to zip up my jacket. Had it removed by a shoe cobbler when I replaced the zipper. It just got in the way......

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I ride and find the wind flap does not make a big difference- It does make a difference for me when I fight every time to zip up my jacket. Had it removed by a shoe cobbler when I replaced the zipper. It just got in the way......

Really?

I ride too, and i think it's a world of difference!
Without a windflap as soon as you reach 70mph your jacket baloons in the back because of all the air being forced through the zipper.
Doens't happen with a wind flap.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Really?

I ride too, and i think it's a world of difference!
Without a windflap as soon as you reach 70mph your jacket baloons in the back because of all the air being forced through the zipper.
Doens't happen with a wind flap.

my jackets tend to be form fitting on looser jackets for sure balooning happens

I've been riding motorcycles since 1964 and I tend to agree with Carlos, a wind flap on a cafe style jacket is a must for me. However the flap on this jacket does seem a little large, but not enough to really worry about IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk