Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

souwestchunkies

New in Town
Souwestchunkies update

STILL HERE ENTERING OUR 18th YEAR
QUALITY HAND KNITTED CHUNKIES AND GANSEYS
IN 100% NEW BRITISH WOOL
EACH ONE KNIT 2 FIT
CHARGED BY THE WEIGHT OF WOOL
ACTUAL POSTAGE CHARGED (reciept sent, no bumpingup the postage)
LABOUR 2 GIRLS KNIT 1 GIRL LINKS AT AN UNBELIEABLE LOW RATE
SENT ALL OVER THE WORLD (even China)
PETER SWC ST AUSTELL CORNWALL

same website www.souwestchunkies.com
email peter@souwestchunkies.com
phone +44 (0)1726 70511 (ouside the UK)
in the UK 0172670511

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
It is now chilly enough here in the UK to start needing warmer sweaters and I just got out one of my Sou'West Chunkies, it's good to be able put it on again.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
It is now chilly enough here in the UK to start needing warmer sweaters and I just got out one of my Sou'West Chunkies, it's good to be able put it on again.

Yes, it's nice to get out the warm sweaters again. I've been practically living in my Royal Navy Woolly Pully for the past week but today I dug out a dark red Guernsey.

I've been thinking about a new Sou'West Chunky and so I wonder if Peter is still around.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
I've been thinking about a new Sou'West Chunky and so I wonder if Peter is still around.

My wife enquired recently via email to ask what wools he has currently available. The response was a lengthy story, here is a summary:

It seems that the knitting machine was damaged in a flood last winter and is too expensive to replace/repair.
His step daughter is now hand knitting the orders.
She is Ukranian, and has family in the Crimea. When the recent troubles started she returned to make sure that her family were OK but had her passport confiscated upon her return.
Peter is supplying British wool to her and a few friends to knit the orders up to support their meagre wages.
He is currently in the Crimea with wool supplies and will return to Britain on the 12th of November.

I hope that he doesn't mind me posting this information here, it is an interesting story and they are a family business that I'd like to support.
If you want an order before Christmas then it sounds like you'd better get in quick.
Current wools in stock are as follows:

DARK GREENS, NAVY BLUE, BLACK, SOME LEICESTER EWE LONG WOOL WHICH IS LIGHT GREY WITH A TOUCH OF LIGHT BLUE, LIGHT BLUE ,MAROON PURPLE, LIGHT GREEN BUT YOU'LL NEED TO 'GET YOUR SKATES ON'
I DO DO LOTS OF MIXES ALSO CHECK OUT THE PURPLE AND BLACK MIX,

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Souwestchunkies update

STILL HERE ENTERING OUR 18th YEAR
QUALITY HAND KNITTED CHUNKIES AND GANSEYS
IN 100% NEW BRITISH WOOL
EACH ONE KNIT 2 FIT
CHARGED BY THE WEIGHT OF WOOL
same website www.souwestchunkies.com
email peter@souwestchunkies.com
phone +44 (0)1726 70511 (ouside the UK)
in the UK 0172670511

Am hoping that SWC is still going Pete. Would you be able to do a Chunkie in olive (Army) green?

wdw

One Too Many
I like the sound of the maroon purple, although pics would be helpful.

While I'm on, I have a query about the necks, which hopefully someone might be able to answer. I have two ganseys, with single layer necks which stick up 2 or 3 inches, like a loose polo/roll neck which doesn't fold back over, yet in all the SWC pics, the necks are basically doubled over and sewn down crew necks.

At first I wondered if my necks were wrong for some reason, but I actually prefer my loose polo/roll neck and would want that again. What do others here have?

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I do have the sewn down and very thick crew neck, but might ask for a polo/roll neck next time.
There is a purple-navy mix photo and I have considered that colour.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I do have the sewn down and very thick crew neck, but might ask for a polo/roll neck next time.
There is a purple-navy mix photo and I have considered that colour.

I quite like the purple chunkie too, I was wearing my other chunkies this week, I think I shall try to get in touch with Sou'West Chunkies, hope they are still operating.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wearing my charcoal chunkie today

8eZMv2Ph.jpg
GTgpX6Ah.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB