Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
OK, since this thread was bumped...

I posted elsewhere in its own thread about my "sweater problem"...

So, my very warmest sweater is a shawl collar wool fisherman's pull-over made by Woolyback of England, a plain, dark brown.

I bought it from ebay in the last 1-2 years. No idea how old it is. It is rather heavy and thick, with multiple layers of thick, knitted wool about the neck and shoulders. It blows everything else I have out of the water. I love it

I haven't seen a lot of other sweaters by Woolyback, but if they're all of this quality, they're darn good.

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
would folk who know how the FEDORA LOUNGE WORKS tell other folk looking for me PETER of SOUWESTCHUNKIES TELL THEM MY NEW EMAIL IS peter@souwestchunkies.com
and still taking orders thankyou and happy new year2020

Peter makes great sweaters. I ordered three chunkies from him a few years ago and they are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Peter makes great sweaters. I ordered three chunkies from him a few years ago and they are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like you and like Steve I have three of these (two chunkies and one Gansey). I am thinking of asking Peter to do another Gansey. What colours do you have?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
So, my very warmest sweater is a shawl collar wool fisherman's pull-over made by Woolyback of England, a plain, dark brown... It is rather heavy and thick, with multiple layers of thick, knitted wool about the neck and shoulders. It blows everything else I have out of the water...

Have an Irish fisherman's, warmest sweater I own, beats the leftover commando garb.

Peacoat

Bartender
I got a ribbed sweater from Schott a while back in anticipation of cooler weather. I will probably wear that more than my blue Woolly Pully or my olive Woolly Pully this winter. It is a light weight wool blend, but will be warm enough under one of my many jackets.

SW1936_NAV_FNT_NEW1.jpg

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s the style many German fishermen wear, yes, there still are some. Collar can also be worn as roll neck.

full

Cheers

Turnip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB