Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishermen's sweaters site

Dav

One Too Many
I'm not that bothered about it all really, just wondered if you may have been going as you're in London. I'm quite happy to watch it on the telly.

Edit
I think Weymouth is the nearest to me, but sailing doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid.

Sweaterguy

New in Town
l know what you mean. lm not that bothered either. l will watch it on tv. transport in london is a nightmare at the moment so getting there wouldnt
be easy.

alsendk

A-List Customer
KICX1888.jpg
[/IMG]
KICX1897.jpg
[/IMG]
KICX1899.jpg
[/IMG]
KICX1895.jpg
[/IMG]

Inspired by fellow member lounger DAV here, I decided to order 3 Sou`west chunkies also, and as already being mentioned here, I had a very, very pleasant conversation with Peter, helping me in any way, about the measurement,and colour choice.
And again it was quite impossible to flash the creditcard before the chunkies arrived to Denmark.
I am stunned about the quality, the warmth, the colours, and the perfect fit, measured exclusively to my body.
another thing that surprised me was how fast these chunkies was delivered. Asking Peter, I knowledged that four girls are taking each their part of the chunkie...arms, front, and the back, and the last girl to knit it all together. A fine job they did, and I am so pleased about these 3 chunkies.
Just wanted to let you know gents, go for it, before winter sets in.
Greetings
Allan

alsendk

A-List Customer
Davy it`s a blend of a beige thread and natural wool colour.
Very pretty at close range too, but there are other options for a different thread colour also, just need to consult Peter Marrow at Chun`kies, - he is extremely helpful about choosing the right colour.
They all are measured for me, and the fit are fantastic, and I already are considering two more, same size but in yet other colours.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
The green is very nice. Is that pea green? I recieved my second chunkie about 2 weeks ago. Actually, a Gansey in black. My first chunkie was a turtle neck (polo neck in the UK?) in a denim blue. Peter is first class and I look forward to purchasing more in the future.

alsendk

A-List Customer
Yes Grayland, mine is a pea green Chunkie, but I am about to order the bottle green next time I think.
I also ordered a black chunkie - which turned out to be deep blue.....a wonderful colour actually, which has become my absolute favourite sweater.
The wool is so comfortable to wear these days of autumn here, and the prices Sou`west chunkies are asking, are so absolutely fair, and the delivery time is stunningly fast.
And then it is special to order from a small factory, where your measurement are being taking seriously, instead of picking one up in the local mall somewhere.

souwestchunkies.one@virgin.net

Last edited:

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I Can vouch for these great Sou'West Chunkies Sweaters, I have two, a roll neck and a crew neck, they are fantasic.

I also have a number of the Military Woolly Pully Crew & V Neck heavy wool ribbed Sweaters, (There is a thread about these in this same General Attire & Accouterments section), I also have some of the Submariner/Old RAF White and Blue roll neck sweaters. (Again there is a thread about these in the WW2 section of this excellent website.)

I agree with your comment about never having too many sweaters in this country.

Rgds.

Last edited:

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
KICX1888.jpg
[/IMG]
KICX1897.jpg
[/IMG]
KICX1899.jpg
[/IMG]
KICX1895.jpg
[/IMG]

Inspired by fellow member lounger DAV here, I decided to order 3 Sou`west chunkies also, and as already being mentioned here, I had a very, very pleasant conversation with Peter, helping me in any way, about the measurement,and colour choice.
And again it was quite impossible to flash the creditcard before the chunkies arrived to Denmark.
I am stunned about the quality, the warmth, the colours, and the perfect fit, measured exclusively to my body.
another thing that surprised me was how fast these chunkies was delivered. Asking Peter, I knowledged that four girls are taking each their part of the chunkie...arms, front, and the back, and the last girl to knit it all together. A fine job they did, and I am so pleased about these 3 chunkies.
Just wanted to let you know gents, go for it, before winter sets in.
Greetings
Allan

These are good looking sweaters too, I especially like the blue one.

If I ever get another job, I will certainly order a couple more of these from Sou'West Chunkies.

Sweaterguy

New in Town
hi.
hope all is well with you. bet those sou'west chunky sweaters are coming in handy with this weather.
the only good thing about the winter is getting to wear ones like that

Sweaterguy

New in Town

Dav

One Too Many
Hi there :)
Private messaging is the easiest way to talk, rather than in the threads, but I think you need a certain amount of posts before you can do that, 15 I think. Click on anyones user name and if they have allowed PMs the option should come up.
Hope you are well aswell BTW!

Sweaterguy

New in Town
dont think l have done enough posts.
l checked on your profile and it doesnt say l can private message you. dont know if l can receive them either.
will have to do some more posting.
Hi there :)
Private messaging is the easiest way to talk, rather than in the threads, but I think you need a certain amount of posts before you can do that, 15 I think. Click on anyones user name and if they have allowed PMs the option should come up.
Hope you are well aswell BTW!

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Looks great, Casechopper. Peter is a great guy and his prices are a bargain. I have a very nice turtleneck in a denim blue color that I like a lot. I also bought a black Gansey from him this summer. Not cool enough to wear it yet, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112