Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flight Suits on NPR...

patterson

One of the Regulars
All Things Considered aired a story on 11/12 entitled "Factory Workers Become Victims of Productivity" which featured Gibson & Barnes (Flight Suits) in El Cajon. They outlined the automation and productivity gains made by Jim and company, which allows them to be competitive, flexible, and effective in the low-volume high-quality market the serve. It was nice to hear something about a company that has been so good to us.

NPR Story

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
All Things Considered aired a story on 11/12 entitled "Factory Workers Become Victims of Productivity" which featured Gibson & Barnes (Flight Suits) in El Cajon. They outlined the automation and productivity gains made by Jim and company, which allows them to be competitive, flexible, and effective in the low-volume high-quality market the serve. It was nice to hear something about a company that has been so good to us.

NPR Story
Good report, and interesting insight. It is often hard to find accurate information. I trust NPR, and am a subscriber.
Thank you.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I was just doing some random searches on brands, didn't even realize it was that old.
:)
Minimum wage in CA. was $6.75 and the workers made $9.00. Bet it was still hard to live on 9 bucks an hour in San Diego in 2003.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points