Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fokker D-23

SleepyDutch

New in Town
Does anyone have the size specs of the dutch Fokker D-23? I've read how its a very small aircraft, but haven't come across the mention of length/breadth. And what coloring were they? Some sources are showing brown camo, while others mention grey.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
SleepyDutch said:
Does anyone have the size specs of the dutch Fokker D-23? I've read how its a very small aircraft, but haven't come across the mention of length/breadth. And what coloring were they? Some sources are showing brown camo, while others mention grey.

Fokker%20D23%20Prototype%20tn289.gif

Wingspan: 11.50m
Height: 3.80m
Wing Area: 18.50m2
Length: 10.20m

The aeroplane never made it into production, and the prototype was destroyed when the Germans invaded the Netherlands. The colour three-views I've seem have been in brown / yellow / green camouflage, and contemporary photographs certainly show some kind of camo pattern rather than a flat colour.

Hope that's helpful.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Gotta love this line...

...from one of the Web site links posted by Absinthe:

"The D.23 had one major disadvantage: if the pilot had to leave the plane at any moment for a parachute jump, he would have been cut into pieces by the rear propeller."

Fokker%20D23%20links.jpg

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Zemke Fan said:
...from one of the Web site links posted by Absinthe:

"The D.23 had one major disadvantage: if the pilot had to leave the plane at any moment for a parachute jump, he would have been cut into pieces by the rear propeller."

Yes, I found that feature particularly appealling.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Not to mention clearing the closely spaced tail booms.

The only other push / pull aircraft the Dornier Do-335, got around the problem (In theory ) with an early ejection seat, and exploding charges at the rear propellor. (They found the still intact charges when NASM's Do-335 was restored in the 1970's.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto