• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

For the Glamourous Vintage Photographer

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Lauren, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Lauren

Lauren Distinguished Service Award

Hey gals (and guys)
    I ran across this and couldn't help but post. It's a vintage camera that was made for ladies as it has a compact and lisptick included in the body! Quite pricey, but fun to know it exists:
    On Ebay
  2. MissQueenie

MissQueenie Practically Family

Oooh! It's darling!

My cell phone has a mirror on it that I have occasionally used as a compact mirror -- it's funny to think someday young people might be clamoring to have such a mundane and rather silly item!
  3. They thought of everything, didn't they!
  4. Dahlia

Dahlia Familiar Face

That's amazing! I would never think to combine a camera, mirror, and lipstick holder, but I guess it would make sense... if you're going to be in the picture!

If a camera company decided to do that with a modern digital camera, something tells me it wouldn't be a big hit. :p
  5. Golly, I bet quite a few modern women would be insulted if the manufacturers did that!

I say, a girl's always got to have her lipstick and powder--might as well find creative places to stash these items!
  6. Angelicious

Angelicious One of the Regulars

I'll have to hunt the library and see if I can find a picture I saw a while back of a chunky vintage gold bracelet that had 2 or 3 compartments for lipstick, maybe perfume and powder. I don't recall when it dated from exactly; may have been as early as the 20s, could have been as late as the 60s.

Gosh, that was vague... :p I'm doing well today!