Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found an Aero B-7 flight jacket. Original ww2

Narodnik

New in Town
Hey.

Today I found this at a local military sale. Its my first Aero jacket.

It has some issues with spots and a few rips. Nothing that cant be fixed.

I was wondering if it could be dated through the "serial" and how I should go about preserving it. Should I not attempt to clean the shearling?

It fits me, but is there a market for these more odd ww2 coats?

What do you guys think?

b7_1.jpg

b7_2.jpg

b7_3.jpg

b7_4.jpg

b7_5.jpg

b7_6.jpg

b7_7.jpg

b7_8.jpg

b7_9.jpg

Mk Vb

New in Town
That is amazing, and something you don't see every day. Lucky you live in Norway, you'll get good use out of it once it's patched up! Great photos.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice find. Aero Leather was awarded the W535 AC 27058 contract for B7 jackets and A6 trousers in the Spring of 1942.

Narodnik

New in Town
Thanks guys. I´ve proceeded to gently sew up the tears and Im thinking Ill patch them with brown leather later. Tried brushing the sheepskin suede and it seemed to clear up just a bit. It might get some use during the coldest parts of winter here, yeah.

Heres an update picture showing a solid sleeve.

b7_update.jpg

This jacket is also featured in the new vintage showroom book. I took a picture of the page. I don´t get the 1930s date though.
b7_update2.jpg

wisconsinoverlander

New in Town
Hi,
I finally found my B-7 Shearling Coat from Willis & Geiger. Dated from the early 1990's. As a collector of this stuff, I am truly thankful to have purchased this one for a mere $580.00. The photos are of the previous owner. If any of you have any W&G stuff for sale, do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks. Matthew. b7.jpg b71.jpg b73.jpg

mihai

A-List Customer
@Narodnik congratulations, awesome and rare coat.
Given the age of it I'd be a bit cautious about wearing it. I saw the rips on the sleeves, might not be in a very strong shape. Ok, there can be pieces of different origin but anyway would be a pity to see it further degraded.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
What do I think...

I think you shouldnt use a coat hanger!!! Keep it nice on a display dummy or lie it down on a shelf nicely.

this stunning Example of a RARE Jacket, especially in wearable size.

super awesome, super cool, if you ever sell it please contact me with a price! wow.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
I've noticed some reproductions out there from time to time. Orvis offers one right now that's in excess of $2,000. Alpha Industries one for about $810. That's quite a difference in price, to say the least.

I've never heard of Alpha, but that doesn't mean anything. Does anyone have an opinion on them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points