Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frankie's Tiki Room, Las Vegas

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars
I was there last August with a couple of my brothers. Kinda small and dark, but worth the trip. It's located between the main part of the Strip and downtown, on Charleston. Our taxi driver had never heard of the place, so you might want to familiarize yourself with the location.

Be sure to ask for one of their collectible tiki mugs. They advertise different mugs for different drinks, but we ended up getting the drinks in regular glasses and buying the mugs boxed up and ready for the trip home.

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars
From what I recall, the taxi ride was less than $20. That was from the Hilton (recently re-named as the Las Vegas Hotel). Frankie's advertises that you get a free drink on Friday if you are wearing an aloha (Hawaiian) shirt. We were wearing vintage aloha shirts, but apparently that offer is only good until 8:00 p.m. or so.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Now that is cool!:eusa_clap Leaving for LV in the morning, and was just wondering to me own self what a taxi ride from airport to the Luxor would be. Thanks!:D

MikePotts

Practically Family
Now that is cool!:eusa_clap Leaving for LV in the morning, and was just wondering to me own self what a taxi ride from airport to the Luxor would be. Thanks!:D

You might check with your hotel. When I was condemned to be at trade shows in the 80's they'd send a bus or limo for free.

MP

Adcurium

A-List Customer
Unfortunately I did NOT make it to Frankie's. It was one of those trips where I had some sort of meeting/presentation/obligation at the most inconvenient time. But I attend the same convention at the same time every year, so I'll make it a point to go next year (I'm fact, it is even on my calendar for next year).

carolineno

New in Town
*bump*

I'm new here, so I feel a need to contribute some info...

I've been to Frankie's a few times. We always have a great time. There's no food here, so it's all drinking. Occasionally there is a food truck on Friday nights.

You can't really walk here. I mean you can, but it's kind of barren, and longer than it looks on the map. The bartender always calls a good cabbie who won't long haul you.

Please take the drink rating system seriously. The first time I overdid it a bit. You don't need to pre-drink before going there. Let's just leave it at that. So when I went back the second time, the doorman took all of our ID's (I'm well over 21) but did not take IDs from any other patrons, so I was sure there was a wanted poster of me somewhere.

They have a lot of original Frankie's cocktails. I usually start with one of those because I want to buy a mug. But in the end I go back to the Polynesian classics, a mai tai or fog cutter.

There are televisions playing old surf videos behind the bar, and lots of tikis everywhere. The music is pleasant and not too loud. The patrons range from tikiphiles to corporate types, and our cab driver said Nicholas Cage and Andrew Dice Clay sometimes hang out there. There is no place like it in Vegas and everyone should go once!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk