Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred Astaire in "Royal Wedding"

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Well, I just watched an enjoyable Fred Astaire movie called Royal Wedding. It's about a brother and sister dance team who find love where they least expect it. In one dance sequence, Astaire dances with a hat/coat stand (much like Mel Gibson did in What Women Want). In another dance scene, Astaire dances on the walls and ceilings. Very refreshing and fun! (Also starring Jane Powell and Peter Lawford)
Filmed in 1951: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043983/

You can get this movie at Target for $1 along with some other old movies. I found this in the front of the store at their 1 Spot section (their dollar section). Other movies...Lil' Abner (with Buster Keaton), The Little Princess (with Shirley Temple), a John Wayne movie, an Elizabeth Taylor movie, some old tv shows (Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith, Beverly Hillbillies, Abbot and Costello Show, Ozzie and Harriet).

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Aak! Now I need to go to Target That's a great movie, along with the rest of the fred astaire films! thanks for the heads up!

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
One of the things that gets me about Astaire is how some of the long dance solo shots were done in one long take. I mean he might toss a cane across the room and land it in the bucket perfectly. But, it all had to happen in one take. Makes you wonder how much he praticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112