• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Freewheeler jackets, possible outside of japan?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by polloelastico, Oct 7, 2017.

1. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

Woa that sounds very heavy. I'm looking for a light weight jacket, but I love the longer-looser styles more than the 20s trim fit, and biker short slim tapered cut. I guess everyone loves Shinki, but it is still horsehide and by nature pretty heavy. I'm thinking of goat for my next jacket, but gonna have to get me some Shinki too. Where does it stop?

2. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

I guess it stops when you run out of money?

3. polloelastico

polloelastico New in Town

The RMC Shinki that I've seen has been quite lightweight. Lighter than the Aero vicenza for sure. RMC Shinki + cotton lining would be fine in east bay IMO. About as warm as a Levi jean jacket I think.

4. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

That sounds perfect. I will look at RMC cuts. Do you recommend any in particular? Boy, they are pricey too, no?

5. polloelastico

All depends on what you like or need, they are all super nice in their own way.

6. handymike

handymike My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jonesy- a return trip to Standard and Strange is in order. They are the only RMC dealers in the Western US at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

They have very little on their web page. I need to go by and see.

8. handymike

handymike My Mail is Forwarded Here

There used to be a Real McCoys store in NYC, but I understand it is gone. Too bad, it was fun going in there.

9. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

Looks like there is a pretty big FMC store in London. They ship to the Us also.

10. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

11. polloelastico

Doh, Desolation Row states they are all sold out of the Mulholland in a 40 -- guess it's not meant to be!

12. jerez

jerez New in Town

Very nice jacket. Did you find out if it was true to size or if they are one size up

13. polloelastico

Seems true to size, with the caveat of "if the numbers in your size don't work for you, moving up or down probably isn't going to either".

14. jerez

jerez New in Town

Thank you. It is good to know

15. The Freewheeler Brakeman is insane. If anyone finds out the size dimensions in English, please post. Tossing up between that and the Orgueil carcoat.

16. Actually just checked the sizing and it does feel strange. Or just wrong for me. Long and short where I don’t want it to be.

17. jonesy86

jonesy86 A-List Customer

Did you actually try one on. Where does if feel wrong? I can't afford one anyway.

18. konadog

konadog One of the Regulars

if you like the Mulholland, you may want to look into Lewis Leathers Dominator or Corsair. i love that Mulholland and I just placed an order for a Lewis Corsair. all three of these jackets are so clean and timeless. for me, what made me pick Lewis is there's a retailer where i live and they can custom size.

19. Arms too short and shoulders too wide.

20. JDelage

JDelage Familiar Face

I think I'm going to place an order for an N-1 coat....