Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers at Son of Stag

breezer

Practically Family
I was pleased to see Son Of Stag are now stocking Freewheelers & Co of Japan - but seriously, who in their right mind is going to pay £149.90 for a navy watch cap - or wooly hat, as I would describe it. Any decent surplus store in the USA will sell you a wool watch cap for well under $10.....last time I was in Tucson I picked up both green and black ones, at Millers Surplus , for $5.99 each.

For the record I am a self confessed cheap Scotsman.

https://www.sonofastag.com/collecti...wheelers-u-s-navy-plain-watch-cap-beanie-navy

I was pleased to see Son Of Stag are now stocking Freewheelers & Co of Japan - but seriously, who in their right mind is going to pay £149.90 for a navy watch cap - or wooly hat, as I would describe it. Any decent surplus store in the USA will sell you a wool watch cap for well under $10.....last time I was in Tucson I picked up both green and black ones, at Millers Surplus , for $5.99 each.

For the record I am a self confessed cheap Scotsman.

https://www.sonofastag.com/collecti...wheelers-u-s-navy-plain-watch-cap-beanie-navy

I bought exactly four used leather jackets and two new pairs of Levi's jeans in the last three months for that amount of money. And they're nice jackets.

breezer

Practically Family
ok - lets take this thread into your best bargains......I got my Red Wing Iron Rangers from my local charity shop for £15.

Can't remember all but some more recent ones were Lewis Leathers for $30, Levi's Type-3 for $15, Schott 613 also for $15 or so...

This vintage sterling sportswear mackinaw: $20 USD. Shipped
IMG_6842.JPG

breezer

Practically Family
One word , Hipsters.

sorry I don't go in for hipster bashing......for starters I don't think anyone can agree what a hipster is....and I, with my taste for vintage clothing, analogue technology - such as film cameras, would probably be labelled with the H word by many. And I don't have a problem with that. I just don't think anyone is going to pay £150 for a wooly hat.....and if they do, they have more money than sense.

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
they have stocked freewheelers for a while now.

I would not buy through them. they charge more than you would pay if you just ordered directly through freewheelers from japan

breezer

Practically Family
they have stocked freewheelers for a while now.

I would not buy through them. they charge more than you would pay if you just ordered directly through freewheelers from japan

didn't know you could order direct, good to know thanks. Though I have to say I'm getting a bit frustrated with ordering stuff online and when it arrives it doesn't fit satisfactorily. I just bought a shirt from Ebay for £10 and its too big....feels like a tenner wasted. Apart from the cost of Freewheelers, ordering from as far away as Japan would make me anxious.....do Japanese vendors do returns? I'm starting to realise clothes shopping is best done locally....which brings me back to Son of Stag. :)

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Filson makes a wool beanie that they sell for $45.00. I felt silly when I paid that much for such a hat!

breezer

Practically Family
Filson makes a wool beanie that they sell for $45.00. I felt silly when I paid that much for such a hat!

last Christmas my partner ordered me a watch cap from Mr Freedom of Los Angeles - it has a nice patch 'Sportsman' patch on it, but its essentially exactly the same as the ones available cheap in surplus stores. I think it was about $50. Maybe we should start a watch caps thread?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SofS is a great store, with a fantastic inventory, but you can buy FW from many different outlets in Japan for MUCH less than SofS. My goto outlet for FW is Speedway/Lofgren. If Speedway doesn't have it, my primary fall backs are Mirror Ball, McFly, Wild One or Genco. FW now ships to the US, so you can also purchase directly from Desolation Row.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Freewheelers is already extremely expensive. I should know, I own several items from them. However, Son of a Stag's prices are atrocious. Not everything from FW is expensive. Their chambray shirts are fantastic and priced pretty much the same as most other equivalents. Even the normal FW stuff at that store seems overpriced.
Just do what we all do and buy from Japan. All of the retailers that @Superfluous listed are fantastic. I buy mostly from Genco and Mirror Ball myself. There is also Let it Be Clothing in Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112