Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers/Bootleggers Twin Peaks

bretron

Call Me a Cab
@Blackadder no cheeseburgers for you ;)

I kid I kid.

The back design reminds me of a Langlitz, and I mean that in a good way.

Cool twist on the cafe. Another fine score, sir!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you to all. It is possible that Freewheelers copied the design. I have not yet been able to find an original of this jacket. I am glad I found this bargain or I would have to wait awhile for a custom Thedi.

Blackadder

Glad you guys approve. The jacket is indeed a bit too tight but for that price I just had to try it. There is a huge jump from size 36 to 38 while the size 38 and size 40 have no noticeable difference. I doubt I can pull off a size 38 with such a jump in the shoulder and length. It is getting very warm over here so I have half a year to cut some weight, LOL.
Looking at the label, the goatskin and the back design, I would agree that it is very likely a copy of a Langlitz but as said I have yet to find a photo of the original.

Last edited:
Glad you guys approve. The jacket is indeed a bit too tight but for that price I just had to try it. There is a huge jump from size 36 to 38 while the size 38 and size 40 have no noticeable difference. I doubt I can pull off a size 38 with such a jump in the shoulder and length. It is getting very warm over here so I have half a year to cut some weight, LOL.
Looking at the label, the goatskin and the back design, I would agree that it is very likely a copy of a Langlitz but as said I have yet to find a photo of the original.
Fit looks perfect to me...how do you even order from those guys? I've looked at their site and it looks mainly like blog entries. Man that jacket is about the coolest CR I've ever seen. I love every aspect, the slant chest pocket angle is perfect and the back is just other worldly cool.

Blackadder

Fit looks perfect to me...how do you even order from those guys? I've looked at their site and it looks mainly like blog entries. Man that jacket is about the coolest CR I've ever seen. I love every aspect, the slant chest pocket angle is perfect and the back is just other worldly cool.
Mine is second hand from Yahoo Auction JP. Freewheelers and a number of their dealers will ship overseas. The sad fact is they don't make the Twin Peaks or most of the following anymore, so only second hand or deadstock left.
LEATHER TOGS , SPARTAN LEATHER SPORTSWEAR & Peter’s TAILOR MADE

upper row-from left

“TYPE A-1″. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1928 FIRST MODEL EARLY AVIATION TOGS

”DARE DEVIL”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1930s MOTORCYCLE JACKET

”CENTINELA”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . LATE 1930s ~EARLY 1940s MOTORCYCLE JACKET

”SAN MATEO”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1930s MOTORCYCLE JACKET

”CURTISS” . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1920s AVIATORS’ COAT

“MULHOLLAND” . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1930s MOTORCYCLE JACKET

”SPEED MASTER” . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EARLY 1940s MOTORCYCLE JACKET

”La Brea” . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1930s MOTORCYCLE JACKE

Attachments

• DESO_0333_201401010.jpg
    DESO_0333_201401010.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 777

Approve!? Top three jackets I've ever seen in my life, hands down. I wanted to comment sooner but I just don't know how to put my admiration and love for this jacket into words. XD It's really something... Every detail is spot on; slanted pockets, gussets, top sleeve zips, even the back design thing adds so damn much to this jacket. What Ton said, about the coolest CR ever. I honestly would look at another jacket if I had this...

How did they do those creases on the back? Are they sewn in or just folded?? Fantastic!

As for the design, if it was inspired by anyone, it's Bates. Check it out: http://wearekoalasvintage.com/2013/08/sold-on-ebay-bates-cafe-racer-jacket/

Also, shallow or not, this is how you do shoulder gussets. They're right where they're supposed to be.

Blackadder

Approve!? Top three jackets I've ever seen in my life, hands down. I wanted to comment sooner but I just don't know how to put my admiration and love for this jacket into words. XD It's really something... Every detail is spot on; slanted pockets, gussets, top sleeve zips, even the back design thing adds so damn much to this jacket. What Ton said, about the coolest CR ever. I honestly would look at another jacket if I had this...

How did they do those creases on the back? Are they sewn in or just folded?? Fantastic!

As for the design, if it was inspired by anyone, it's Bates. Check it out: http://wearekoalasvintage.com/2013/08/sold-on-ebay-bates-cafe-racer-jacket/

Also, shallow or not, this is how you do shoulder gussets. They're right where they're supposed to be.
Folded then sewn together.
Thanks for the info. Looks like it could be a copy of various 60's jackets, front of a Bate's and back of a Cascade.
http://walterwarrenwalters.com/60-s-Cascade-by-Langlitz-Leathers-1

BobJ

Practically Family
I have to concur - that is one sharp jacket, Blackadder! The front looks like an old, traditional classic... but the back looks like something out of a futuristic movie. The front looks like you're going to pull out a rusty switchblade, but the back looks like you're going to pull out a light saber or a photon pistol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch