Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers/Bootleggers Twin Peaks

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to concur - that is one sharp jacket, Blackadder! The front looks like an old, traditional classic... but the back looks like something out of a futuristic movie. The front looks like you're going to pull out a rusty switchblade, but the back looks like you're going to pull out a light saber or a photon pistol!
Lol, some of these vintage jackets may look futuristic even by today's standard. Take the "Rocketeer" style Buco J-31 and the Leathertogs for example not to mention the very complicated Freewheelers San Mateo, the Peter's Tailor repro. I have been searching for one of those on Yahoo Auction Japan.

Last edited:
Why is it called Twin Peaks, though? Because of the pockets? Completely unrelated, Bobby, character in Twin Peaks, wears a Brooks CR.

Blackadder

I think most of these jackets e.g. Sunset, La Brea, Centinela, Mullholand, San Mateo, Twin Peaks and Buena Vista are named after streets and places in Carlifornia.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Very nice indeed. I like the back especially. It'd be interesting to see some of these more obscure historical designs make it to the West; I think that might be the next tep for Aero, given how they've revamped the line since 2012.

Why is it called Twin Peaks, though? Because of the pockets? Completely unrelated, Bobby, character in Twin Peaks, wears a Brooks CR.

Yip, and probably the wardrobe department on that show bought it for a song in 1990 when nobody else was interested!!

Blackadder

Very nice indeed. I like the back especially. It'd be interesting to see some of these more obscure historical designs make it to the West; I think that might be the next tep for Aero, given how they've revamped the line since 2012.

Yip, and probably the wardrobe department on that show bought it for a song in 1990 when nobody else was interested!!
I think Langlitz still makes this kind of back. Almost bought a second hand Four Speed Leather copy of the Cascade today. Decided to save it for trip to Tokyo next month.

Last edited:
Blackadder, have you been wearing this jacket? How's it aging? I would love to see more of it. Such a perfect jacket.

Blackadder

Only got to wear it twice before it got warm here. 81F here now in the middle of the night. Only short sleeves and haven't even worn jeans since end of April. Didn't keep me from buying jackets but has kept me from wearing one though, LOL.

Only got to wear it twice before it got warm here. 81F here now in the middle of the night. Only short sleeves and haven't even worn jeans since end of April. Didn't keep me from buying jackets but has kept me from wearing one though, LOL.
And still one of the coolest looking CR's I've ever seen

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that is a perfection and totally worth dieting & starving for , only today I open this thread simply because of the name... I thought it would be a country / cowboy themed jacket...how wrong I was, aggressive looking and fitting, every element I like, congrats!!!

Twin Peaks, man! I knew right away this would either be the best jacket on the forum, or the best jacket in the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points