Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friends of the good old leather-belts!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
This is my daily workhorse. I bought it from Langlitz when I purchased my goat leather 'Western' jeans from them. I sold the pants but kept the belt.

I really don't see myself having to purchase another within my life time.

82A8CB42-0074-40B1-A08E-04341F54BA66_zpscikmakv7.jpg

iIjiy6A.jpg

Ol Trusty here has held my pants up for 20. years or so, but It's extremely close to retirement.
u9plUod.jpg

It only cost $20 from a cart in Santa Monica at the time. Any thoughts on where to get a similar simple 2 prong replacement?

iIjiy6A.jpg

Ol Trusty here has held my pants up for 20. years or so, but It's extremely close to retirement.
u9plUod.jpg

It only cost $20 from a cart in Santa Monica at the time. Any thoughts on where to get a similar simple 2 prong replacement?

It will do for another 10 years. One of my belts is like that, and it's still serving me well.

I love the Capt. Elvy! but think the Hollows might go better with my wardrobe ;)
I'm tempted to go visit Vtg Engineer Boots for one.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Respectfully, the belt depicted in the original post is, at best, a mediocre, generic belt that can be purchased at any department store, including discount department stores. Moreover, the notion that leather distinguishes a high quality belt from a poor quality belt is like saying silk distinguishes a high quality tie from a poor quality tie. Only the absolute cheapest, poorest quality belts are made out of pleather/fake leather, and inexpensive leather belts are far from high quality.

As with leather jackets, high quality belts are made from hearty, robust leather . . . often 10+ oz. leather. I personally am a fan of Rogue Territory belts.

rogue-territory-black-leather-belt-product-5-6544804-573525737.jpeg

Nick Hollows (TFL member) also makes a mean belt:

P8180505.jpg

3Sixteen:

316_BRWN_01-683x1026.JPG
\

Sugar Cane:

SC_BELT_BLK_01-652x979.jpg

Tanner Goods:

standard_hickory_stainless_2015_01_1024x1024.jpeg

These are also just stoopidly expensive

A-1

One Too Many
A lot of people do not only buy expensive stuff for their quality and craftmanship but also for social distinction.
I mean, my old pair of Dickies pants is still alive after 12 years of wear. My Rogue Territory, Tellason, Flat Head, Japan Blue (the list goes on) never lasted longer than 2 months without at least one repair. But well, I can still wear them. I don’t know where I’m heading with this post, so I better stop here..

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A lot of people do not only buy expensive stuff for their quality and craftmanship but also for social distinction.

Given that I wear my shirts untucked and, therefore, my belts are not seen, I do not derive any "social distinction" from my hidden belts. Moreover, I seriously doubt that even unobscured belts draw meaningful attention or recognition, if any (with the possible exception of adorned belts or large/ornate buckles).

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I'm in Scotland & I sent an order to Jim speidel..the belt man.the best belts ever.I bought two and two key hangers..next order is going to be a black horsehide belt..works out about £90 & with luck you may skip customs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points