Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friends of the good old leather-belts!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Just before summer, I bought a couple of thick sturdy leather 1.75 inch concealed carry belts on Amazon. Nothing special to look at, just sturdy, for wearing with jeans. But the thing that gets me was that they were 'made by Amish craftsmen'.
Is that ok? I don't know. Are Amish allowed to make gun belts? Are they supposed to be selling stuff on the internet?

Amish and the Mennonites are not all living in darkness. I know because I grew up in that area and go back every year to visit Mom. Like all religious or other communities, there's outliers and those that have stepped into the modern world.
Guns are not forbidden as you will see hunters and some protecting their livestock. They make all sorts of amazing goods. We even had a team of guys help rebuild part of my Mom's home. Amazing is all I can say...

Just before summer, I bought a couple of thick sturdy leather 1.75 inch concealed carry belts on Amazon. Nothing special to look at, just sturdy, for wearing with jeans. But the thing that gets me was that they were 'made by Amish craftsmen'.
Is that ok? I don't know. Are Amish allowed to make gun belts? Are they supposed to be selling stuff on the internet?

A lot of times they have outsiders (the English) marketing and selling their goods for them online. Google Amish hats or leather works.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Butte, @Bamaboots,

Thanks guys, that's really interesting! I didn't know that.
These belts are simple. Plain leather belt, plain stainless buckle. But they are so substantial, I mean, really heavy duty. I love 'em. And they were pretty cheap too, thinking about it, less than 100 bucks for the pair IIRC.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
I'm big on rugged leather belts. Yesterday, I wore a 2" wide belt with a double prong buckle buckle. It was crafted in the UK from oak-bark-tanned bridle leather.
e2b0bf2d2cc4299d6b44a314919ec786.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm big on rugged leather belts. Yesterday, I wore a 2" wide belt with a double prong buckle buckle. It was crafted in the UK from oak-bark-tanned bridle leather.

I've got one like that - a German WWII replica belt that I use on may Soviet WWII reenacting uniform. Sometimes the double-prong can be a pain - like hangover Saturdays - but I love it and the look. Have one in black and brown.

Rich22

Practically Family
My favourite belt is double pronged... never seen it as harder to use than single prong, not in the slightest. I'd keep buying double pronged jean belts if they weren't so scarce.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
This is a custom 1 7/8" wide bridle leather belt with a heavy, solid brass Chatham belt buckle, which I sourced from an old UK saddlery shop. [emoji482]
901e07c853f5a1f3bb519cd75174e3a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points