Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: First Gear Scout III motorcycle jacket 42

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
This isn't quite vintage yet, but it has the look reminiscent of a police motorcycle jacket, perhaps with a bit of a nod to flight.

It is LOADED with features for the comfort and safety of motorcycle riders. Main zipper is covered by a snap-down wind flap to protect the zipper. There's TONS of ventilation, huge zippered vents up front, exhausting through the back, and the sleeves even have a unique "air scoop" feature that unzips, unsnaps, and unfolds into a scoop shape that will pull cool air through your sleeves, over your armpits, and out the back vents, it's almost like air conditioning at speed. The cuffs are zippered too. It all zips up closed and can keep you warm in cold weather, with a removable liner and throat gaiter. A true, great three season jacket. Maybe all season depending on where you live.

In addition to the usual two handwarmer pockets, you have two HUGE front cargo pockets with thoughtfully laid out compartments, pockets within pockets, and a lanyard for keys or whatever. Inside there's a removable liner, and another pocket or two.

And this thing is BARELY WORN, almost brand new. First Gear backed their jackets with a 10 year manufacturer's warranty, and they MSRPed close to $500, so you know it's built like a tank.

Measurements:

Pit-pit: 22.5"
Shoulders: 20.5"
Waist: 19"
Body length: 26"
Sleeve: 24.5"

Asking $250 + shipping.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Inside pocket
s-l1600.jpg

Front pockets:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The air scoop at the cuffs:
s-l1600.jpg

The zippered sleeve cuffs to close up and keep the air out in cold weather.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
We always end up with similar jackets. I recently picked up a First Gear Hein Gericke and it's a 10/10 piece of motorcycle equipment, instantly my fav jacket. Can't go wrong with this.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
We always end up with similar jackets. I recently picked up a First Gear Hein Gericke and it's a 10/10 piece of motorcycle equipment, instantly my fav jacket. Can't go wrong with this.

Thanks, Mon. We do have pretty similar style, I think.

My First Gear Scout III is a handsome and functional motorcycle jacket that you can wear to places where you don't want to look too biker-y. I'm really surprised it hasn't sold yet, because it is solid, functional, and looks great. Heine Gericke and First Gear have a solid history of making top quality, yet affordable gear. Innovative, yet not gimmicky.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I've had one of these too! This one's too small for me, however the one I had for about 4 years between 2006 - 2010 served me well, often as a winter jacket, the lining has some type of aluminum component (sounds odd but would not know with it on) and it acts like a Heated jacket. It's just very warm with that liner snapped in. The leather also seemed very good quality.

Actually looked again, what are the dimensions on it...? I think I missed them...

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I've had one of these too! This one's too small for me, however the one I had for about 4 years between 2006 - 2010 served me well, often as a winter jacket, the lining has some type of aluminum component (sounds odd but would not know with it on) and it acts like a Heated jacket. It's just very warm with that liner snapped in. The leather also seemed very good quality.

Actually looked again, what are the dimensions on it...? I think I missed them...
I guess that information *might* help it sell...[emoji14] I'll have to measure and update the listing.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I guess that information *might* help it sell...[emoji14] I'll have to measure and update the listing.
Updated listing with the following measurements:

Pit-pit: 22.5"
Shoulders: 20.5"
Waist: 19"
Body Length: 26"
Sleeves: 24.5"

Photos showing measurements:
eb66a858639b2408d1d0afbfca51ed34.jpg
085088aff426bad4ad169c2a4c866a22.jpg
234c21aa88df4ec6dd816abb55fdea6d.jpg
82c4d11c2a7d4abd08d082ad424ddfdd.jpg
acbe6736684c4749a65e871f93f06fce.jpg