Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS or TRADE: AERO CAFE RACER , tumbled brown HH 38

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Well I gambled and lost , lol
Just snagged it off another forum member and it's all I ever want in a jacket but a bit too tight for my liking. Not the jackets fault!!! I have always been between sizes and will need a size larger . This jacket fits and I can zip but it's the breathing part that seems to be missing. Ha ha

Original posting here for measurements and pictures. Would love to trade for same or board racer that is a larger size.

On another note , this is a question for the members on this site who seem to be very knowledgeable on the HH jackets and fit. I can't seem to figure out sizing on these jackets. For example : this jacket has the right measurements as compared to another jacket I own but the fit is tight... Why? I realize that HH really doesn't have much give and will possibly stretch a bit but do I need to add inches to compensate for this. I am 5'10 and 180 with a 33 waist. Athletic build as I surfed most of my life ( larger chest) . I have tried on 38/40/ 42 and like parts of each but all seem to be either to big or too small in other parts... I realize a mto is probably the way to go but I was trying to get something less than 1200 for a new. I live in Texas now so a thinner liner with HH is all I need. Any ideas or comments/ opinions from the pro's would be helpful.
Thanks in advance and shoot me some offers.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Really, really nice jacket there! I reacall it up for sale as well.

So with the Aero Care Racer/Board Racer & Sheene styles, they have a pretty agressive taper in the body. I know my Size 42 cafe racer, from Insurrection off the rack, was a cozy fit indeed at first. However keeping it on for ~20 minuites, or perhaps 1.5 minuites outside in Texas in July, I found it loosed up really well and I could breathe easily. Maybe yours is tigher than that.

It really does come down to being able to try them on. Mine is Heavy Steerhide, which in my perspective is a bit stiffer initially than FQHH however it seemed to break in a bit quicker as well.

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Off to a fellow lounger on a trade , this site is great , the trade went super smooth and painless.... Now to find my cafe / board racer... I know it's out there....
Thanks FL and Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto