Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott Perfecto 118, sz. 48

Hello!

For sale, one spotless, flawless, immaculate Schott Perfecto 118 in a size 48.

The naked cowhide on this one is cloudy, pillowy, dreamy soft. None of that plasticy finish. Not as shiny, too. As thick and heavy as any Vanson. Nicest Perfecto I've handled by far, including the 618HH.

Literally no flaws. Well, except for one missing underarm football-vent gusset ring... thing, which you can have installed for like free. See photos.
Other than that, perfect. Some colour fading at the edges, just so you won't look like a dork in a new leather jacket and that's it. The jacket is from the 80's I believe. Coin pocket tag just states the hand written size no.

Technicalities and measurements...

P2P: 64 cm / 25 inches
Waist: 60 cm / 23.5 inches
Shoulders: 57 cm / 23 inches
Sleeve length: 65 cm / 25.5 inches
Back length: 62 cm / 24.5 inches
Weight: 2.70 kg / 7 pounds

Jacket is located in Europe so dear members of the wonderful creation that is the EU, save yourself millions of moneys by not having to go through the agony of importing. I guarantee you one of the best Schott jackets you've seen.

Shipping to anywhere inside the EU is 10 Euros.

Asking for $200 or 180 EUR.

Behold the beauty:

More photos: http://s866.photobucket.com/user/DogLizard/library/Schott 118

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for looking!

All mine. Purchased a bundle cause the price was nice. The other one was a Brimaco, which is what I really wanted, and the seller gave me a discount for both. Just passing this one along.

In truth, I was hoping it would be one of the vintage, smaller 48's so perhaps I could pull it off. It's not. If anything, it's a bigger one. XD Thank you, Mendel!

Some day I'm gonna make a detailed analysis of the Schott Perfecto style, and why it reigns supreme over any rip-off. Check out that bi-swing back, one that actually allows for freedom of movement, with the deepest part of the gusset exactly where the most stress occurs. And yet, it's not a bulky full action back. The forward facing sleeve holes, football underarms, sleeve zippers on the inside of the sleeves, etc., etc. And the Perfectos go so cheap... If this jacket is worth $350 second hand, what they average for, ANY other copy regardless of the manufacturer should be around a hundred bux, tops. Alas...

Schott may not have invented the style, but this is the best version there is.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
"Schott may not have invented the style, but this is the best version there is."

^^^This^^^

I had a 46L and loved it, though it was still a little too large for me, I sold it to scrape together $$$ for my Langlitz.

87A7609E-DF90-431C-AFD0-616996BEF6D0_zpsbgvirycq.jpg

A330A879-909F-4852-85F4-6CE9BC07BACB_zps4sdoyakl.jpg

Good luck with your sale. Worth every bit of your asking price.

Duck

Practically Family
Dang Ivan, you sure come up with nice big size jackets. I love the Perfecto that I got from you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Harris HTM

One Too Many
It's a beauty. I have handled steer and horsehide 618's and I'm trully in love with the hides. Any idea when this was made? I see no belt snap so I guess it's before early 00's?

You really interested, IXL? It's too small for me and it's really chewed up. Great jacket, though, and the leather is super thick.

It's a beauty. I have handled steer and horsehide 618's and I'm trully in love with the hides. Any idea when this was made? I see no belt snap so I guess it's before early 00's?

This is the first time I see their naked cow and I have to say, it's something else entirely. Steer is much lighter and stiffer compared to this, and much less organic. The CR in this would rock.

To be honest, I've no clue when it was made. I assumed 1980's but I could ask on Schott forum.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
This is the first time I see their naked cow and I have to say, it's something else entirely. Steer is much lighter and stiffer compared to this, and much less organic. The CR in this would rock.

To be honest, I've no clue when it was made. I assumed 1980's but I could ask on Schott forum.

Hmm, according to schott, the steer and naked cowhide have the same thickness and weight! My 618 steerhide is way heavier than the horsehide and I think as heavy (or even heavier) than my aero's.

Hmm, according to schott, the steer and naked cowhide have the same thickness and weight! My 618 steerhide is way heavier than the horsehide and I think as heavy (or even heavier) than my aero's.

The Steer can be all over the place. I've handled quite a few of thes and they were completely different. One sz. 38 Steer Multipocket that I've had was like 2oz or so, and while I've seen only two Cows, they were both really, really heavy jackets. It's true Schott list all their leathers as 3oz, but even Gail will often say on the forum that naked Cow tends to be a heavier hide. I think Steer is a bit sanded. I know it's slightly processed...

This jacket is without any doubt heavier than Aero FQHH or Schott HH.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
The Steer can be all over the place. I've handled quite a few of thes and they were completely different. One sz. 38 Steer Multipocket that I've had was like 2oz or so, and while I've seen only two Cows, they were both really, really heavy jackets. It's true Schott list all their leathers as 3oz, but even Gail will often say on the forum that naked Cow tends to be a heavier hide. I think Steer is a bit sanded. I know it's slightly processed...

This jacket is without any doubt heavier than Aero FQHH or Schott HH.

Yeah, my 618hh is really light compared to my steer and aero's.

KURGAN

New in Town
Very nice piece, Monitor!!! Good luck for the sale!

About dating the jacket, as a very big Schott fan, i try to help :

the style is very closer to my 1990 618, they used that buckle since '86 if i remember well...another thing to look is the label in the coin pocket : if there is a code (once there was only LOT,BNDL and style) you know that it had been made from 1992 onwards, the fifth number tells you the year.

About the difference from the hides, from my personal experience i can say this :
in my opinion the thickness is more or less the same between steerhide and nacked cowhide. I have a 684SM and my brother has a 184SM, the difference is not the weight but the fact that naked cowhide is softer and not shiny as steerhide.
At the end there's another thing to say about the leather thickness : it's not only the same, it depends from lot to lot. At the moment at home we have : two 618, two 684SM and a 639 that are all made in steerhide but are all different in thickness and even the surface is not the same on every jacket.

I too had a couple of the 184SML - the long versions and they were awesome. I believe they had the zip-out liners too. Very nice jackets and very think, but soft/ I kinda regret selling them off now :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points