Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G-1 JACKET FROM U. S. authentic mfg

ldmax

Familiar Face
Light black or dark black?lol I have an uncle that always said his favorite color was dark black. Black really can have subtle differences in shading due to variations in glossiness and such.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
CBI said:
In regards a G-1 I would suggest buying an original, there are SO MANY out there (on eBay). G-1 repros don't make a lot of sense to me since originals in excellent shape can be purchased for a great price (unless someone is actually looking for a 422). I purchased two original G-1's for a song last Jan./Feb. to give as gifts THIS Christmas. I noticed a beauty of a CA sportswear from 1960 go on eBay for $350 and that's a rare contract.

My sentiments exactly. There are so many "real" G-1's out there on eBay that you can pick up virtually new ones for less than $200 and a decent one for under $150--and it is real...no funny leather finishes, no funky cuffs, no collars that look like something from a Mongomery Wards pleather faux special.

The only reason to buy a repro G-1 in my opinion is if you abosolutely need to have one right now, or you need custom tailoring.

kojax

Practically Family
i was talking to flight suite this morning. as you know cailf time.......they told me the black goatskin is real nice not to dark............they will send me a sample ......i guess they do real well with there jackets.....they will email me with a nice picture for the g-1 jacket..........

Jacob Dubow

Familiar Face
If you want an authentic looking M422A or G-1 jacket........don't get black, get chocolate or a darker brown jacket. If it is important to you to have a true military look........black doesn't cut it. If you just want a nice jacket that does not give any particular look, then black is fine.

J.A. Dubow

kojax

Practically Family
i am going with the g-1 navy color dark seal brown goatskin from flight suite.......i will wainte time frame 1st week of feb 2008 black will not look right...........i know the price was right.......now looking for another a2 flight jacket..........

kojax

Practically Family
hello every--body.......my brother has open is x-mass gift....he got a nice g-1 black goatskin from fligh suties....i have to say the jacket looks real nice....i thought the color would be wierd looking lol......the black goatskin is real nice leathe. the jacket is made well......

kojax

Practically Family
my g-1 jacket from gibsons and barnes should be here nexet week......almost 7 weeks to get it.....the color is dark seal brown............go pats------

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana