Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. <1936

Thanks! It looks later (not < 1936) to me so made at Borsalino Giuseppe e Fratello "Antica Casa". Borsalino Giuseppe e Fratello "Antica Casa" continued to use this brand name.

crabman

New in Town

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Crabman,
I'm sorry to inform you that Borsalino (Giuseppe and fu Lazzaro, both the historical hatters of Alessandria) has no date or a system to identify the date of hats from the serial numbers.
Only after the sold of the Borsalino in the 80' there was an indication on the paper label to see the production year.
Take some photos of the paper label and post them, it will be more easy to indentify (more or less) the date of your Borsalino.

Panadora

Practically Family
... Does it have Zenit on the sweatband? More details if / when possible.
No zenith marking! And the only internal label looks like this
s-l1600jz.jpg

Really nice felt, but unfortunately the sweat have dried completely out and is broken 2-3" along the stiches :(

Sorry to hear about the sweatband. Can you post photos of the entire hat? I think this hat is later (when I am not sure but probably not < 1936) too based on the auction photos. Borsalino Giuseppe e Fratello "Antica Casa" continued to use this brand name. It's too complicated! :)

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
The USPS dropped this off yesterday. I had to pretty it up just a little for it's debut.

9f1f8835b14ab35ddfd49f6d076a43d6.jpg
70fcf55103721b8c90d53bae1fdf937d.jpg
c2e48a99e3cd9bb2611d156f7afd181e.jpg

The sweatband stamp and liner:

f6231d119124f425f2267144558b42bd.jpg
104bac7aca69086226b4313832f3cd9e.jpg

The tag:

fea428bdcbb7f91027f8a37eb835b880.jpg

When I looked at the seller's pics, I noticed someone had scrawled a name on the sweatband with a permanent marker. It was near the retailer stamp, so I paid it little attenion. I have had good results removing marker from sweats with Coleman's on a q-tip, so I had just begun the process when I realized who's name was.written.

8badc20ebf57f8721c75ed3004e1b907.jpg

Yup, that's the hat Rick Blaine posted a pic of in the eBay thread last week with a Merle Haggatd signature. I was so focused on the beautiful hat that I didn't notice the name, just the blaspemy of someone taking a Sharpie to such a magnificent lid. I stopped the removal before too much of the autograph was gone.
The stats:
2 1/4" brim, with beautiful stitched edge treatment.
6" open crown.
94 grams total weight, felt so soft it had a mark from the seam of the liner and tip. Ghost crease is being persistent, but not impossible.
A snug 5 1/2 punti, responded well to a wee nudge up.
Sweatband in great shape.

I will certainly be holding onto this one with a kung- FU grip!

The USPS dropped this off yesterday. I had to pretty it up just a little for it's debut.
When I looked at the seller's pics, I noticed someone had scrawled a name on the sweatband with a permanent marker. It was near the retailer stamp, so I paid it little attenion. I have had good results removing marker from sweats with Coleman's on a q-tip, so I had just begun the process when I realized who's name was.written.

Yup, that's the hat Rick Blaine posted a pic of in the eBay thread last week with a Merle Haggatd signature. I was so focused on the beautiful hat that I didn't notice the name, just the blaspemy of someone taking a Sharpie to such a magnificent lid. I stopped the removal before too much of the autograph was gone.
The stats:
2 1/4" brim, with beautiful stitched edge treatment.
6" open crown.
94 grams total weight, felt so soft it had a mark from the seam of the liner and tip. Ghost crease is being persistent, but not impossible.
A snug 5 1/2 punti, responded well to a wee nudge up.
Sweatband in great shape.

I will certainly be holding onto this one with a kung- FU grip!

Great score, Moe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points