Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. <1936

29856931541_78ace993e1_h.jpg

Revue De La Chapellerie (1912) from the Gotisches Haus (Gothic House) Hat Museum Collection, Bad Homburg, Germany.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Love the vintage European ads, they not only promoted but were art as well. This one has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for posting it Steve

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Modern Borsalino (made probably during the sixties or at least seventies) branded G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro
9fwrvo.jpg

Size cm. 59 (7 3/8 US) brim are 5 cm and crown (low point) is 10,5 cm.
ouruyc.jpg

Fur felt very soft and malleable with a fantastic finish with short hair
11jafxs.jpg

Ribbon of the same material of the hat
2zxuhyb.jpg

Super finish with purple lining
efevwg.jpg

The brim are finished with a zigzag sewing
29uyuyv.jpg

It is weird....but "Borsalino Antica Casa" used the old paper label from the 30' until forty years ago
5dnn89.jpg

The shape is a classic Italian hat from the sixties-seventies in a exceptional color
2j1mpo0.jpg

His brother was on my head today

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is a brief summary of the G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro company story

Headquarters: Alessandria - Piemonte - Italia
Dates of existence: 1906 - 1937

headers:
G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro, Alessandria, 1906 - 1937

In 1906 it was founded the "Limited Partnership G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro and C. "for the work of Giovanni Battista Borsalino, nephew of Lazarus, who was a brother and a founding member of the Ancient House, Giuseppe Borsalino. By deed dated 1 March 1925, the partnership was transformed into an anonymous and then, after a long period of industrial crisis, May 23, 1933, Giovanni Battista conferred the Borsalino industrial companies that it managed to Alessandria "Felt Company. Italian factory Hats "made up specifically to conduct establishments. By reflex, by resolution of the council of 23 May 1933, "Felt Company. Italian Hats Factory "decided to buy the plant, the name and trademarks of the Company limited G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro and C in the amount of 4,500,000 On the same day, during an extraordinary general meeting, after having ratified the agreements reached and already consecrated the act of concentration deed dr. Failures on the same day, the Felt Company decided to change its name by taking one of "GB. Borsalino was Lazzaro & C. Italian Hats Factory ". Finally, by deed of 19 June 1937, made by Dr. Guasti, the "Società Anonima G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro & C. Italian factory Hats "gave way to" Società Anonima Fabbrica of Antica Casa Borsalino hats in Alexandria founded in 1857 across the enterprise. The shareholders of the company focused, on June 30, 1937, ratifying the actions of the Council, he deliberated the dissolution without giving rise to liquidation, no longer having the Company's liabilities to settle and being fully active liquid. With this resolution, the limited company "G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro & C. Hats Italian Factory was extinguished.

I have others information about the "rivalry" born inside the Borsalino family during the heyday of Italian hats producers

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Modern Borsalino (made probably during the sixties or at least seventies) branded G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro
s2tuad.jpg

Size cm. 59 (7 3/8 US) brim are 5 cm and crown (low point) is 11 cm.
2ex8uwp.jpg

Fur felt very soft and malleable with a fantastic finish with short hair
2u8xpox.jpg

Ribbon of the same material in a more brownish shade than the color of the hat
70c8ar.jpg

Super finish with purple lining
2cqo035.jpg

The brim are finished overwelted
35l8ar9.jpg

Sewed arc on both the side of the hat
34q1kdt.jpg

"Borsalino Antica Casa" used the old paper label from the 1936 (year of the family competior purchase) until forty years ago
2cyi33q.jpg

The shape is a classic Italian hat from the sixties-seventies in another exceptional color
rr47rr.jpg

These are the "modern" G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro I come accross in this period....hope to have a chance to grab a old one pre 1936

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A seller offer me this bowler, but I'm not so conviced because I have a bad relationship with this type of hat and then he claimed it is made by the "other" Borsalino
This is the bowler arrived this morning
352p7ap.jpg

Under the sweatband I found this padding
6qzh38.jpg

There is a piece of a newspaper and some cork and oilpaper
I look carefully at the newspaper, it is a piece of "La Sera" political-financial afternoon paper not yet published from 1945
mcx3yd.jpg

The date induced me to think that at the end G. B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro made this Bowler (Bombetta) before the 1936 when Giuseppe Borsalino, the now well know other branch of the same family, bought them
xej32d.jpg

Interior with white lining
On the sweat band the name of the shop in Legnano near Milan and the brand
30naiix.jpg

2wgagie.jpg

It is a 6 French mesure, 59 cm. EU and 7 3/8 US. A huge size for the period!
5y7wbm.jpg

The bowler is in excellent conditions outside and inside
b7crgj.jpg

Very luxurious finishing
28m1zxe.jpg

My first real G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro with a "witness" from that era
v2shao.jpg

I will try it to see me with a bombetta on my head :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member