Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gallery - Akubra Campdraft

Glen Grey
cdgg2.jpg

cdgg3.jpg

Silver Belly (spots are rain drops!)
cdsb2.jpg

cdsb3.jpg

Hoping to reactivate this thread started by gtdean48 in 2009 in an effort to consolidate more info specific to the Akubra Campdraft. Hoping the mods will consolidate such threads into this one, & specifically the thread concerning the Stetson Open Road/Akubra Campdraft crossovers.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stetson-akubra-open-road.52809/

I was not able to come up with much additional info on my latest Campdraft other than it was originally sold by The Panama Hat Company when they were an Akubra dealer some time ago. It arrived like new & is the softest felt of the CD's I have. It was looking very Western or Outback-like with no brim flange to speak of, no brim binding & a two cord Western ribbon. I immediately liked the tall straight block so I sent it off to Scott for some brim work including a simple circle stitch color matched to a 7/8" mid ribbon. To me this version of Silverbelly is what Silverbelly used to be, before the tan undertones common today. So I chose a silver blue ribbon. Added just a simple center crease. Scott did a great job for me!

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

There wasn't necessarily anything wrong with it as received but I have plenty of Western hats & was wanting something more along the lines of an early crossover Western dress hat.

IMG_2140.jpg

Please add your Campdraft pics & info to this thread.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
^^^You two guys currently have the best look of anyone who has tried it at wearing the CD brim up.
on me it just works better brim up, can't say that about any other hat i own. Maybe cause i wear them so far down my forhead, it just works with the larger brim. Edit // it's the natural shape to the flange too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points