Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon!?!

Levallois

Practically Family
Went to White Chocolate Grill for a birthday and wanted to try Blanton's bourbon because several friends recommended it. Then I saw they had Garrison Bros. cowboy bourbon. Read some good things about it so had that first. Big mistake. What an overwhelming experience it was!! Fantastic in every way. Had Blanton's next and it paled by comparison. Not bad mind you but just weak. So then I find out the Garrison Bros runs $250 a bottle (if you can find it) and Blanton's is $60. Now I'm stuck! I won't be happy with anything but the GB cowboy. Anybody else feel this way?

LobeyDosser

New in Town
Been on the Garrison Brothers' tour in Hye, Texas in the heart of the Texas Hill Country and a center point for Texas wineries. The tour was great but getting to taste all the Garrison Brothers' bourbons was better. Heartily recommend getting to Garrison Brothers and discovering the Cowboy and more. I'm partial to their Balmorhea!

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars
Went to White Chocolate Grill for a birthday and wanted to try Blanton's bourbon because several friends recommended it. Then I saw they had Garrison Bros. cowboy bourbon. Read some good things about it so had that first. Big mistake. What an overwhelming experience it was!! Fantastic in every way. Had Blanton's next and it paled by comparison. Not bad mind you but just weak. So then I find out the Garrison Bros runs $250 a bottle (if you can find it) and Blanton's is $60. Now I'm stuck! I won't be happy with anything but the GB cowboy. Anybody else feel this way?

I have attended a couple of bourbon tastings here in Austin within the last several years in which the featured brand was Garrison Brothers' Cowboy bourbon. I met Dan Garrison at one and he reminded me that we used to office across the hall from each other, back when he was in the PR business. I would like to go to the distillery in Hye, TX on Cowboy Bourbon release day, held in September if I remember correctly. Folks line up at the gate beginning around 6:00 a.m. for a chance at their own bottle, seemingly regardless of the price.

I have been developing my whisky pallette over the past few years. Just came back from 6 weeks in Scotland touring the distlleries. A fun experience and i learned a ton. The biggest lesson was that age and expense while important are not necessarily the only determinant. Sone of my favourites were the standard 12 yr old offerings. Many times we preferred them to the 18 or 20 year old. Keep experimenting, keep sipping and keep an open mind. There just might be a $60-80 offering out there with your name on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko