Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen's Lodges/Groups in the Golden Era?

WarHorse

New in Town
I don't think I saw anyone mention the Loyal Order of the Moose or the Order of the Eagles. I grew up in a small town that had started as a retirement community....I can remember that all of the above mentioned fraternal organizations were present in my hometown (plenty of older fellas that came up in that era). My father was a member of the Eagles when he was younger. He joined after coming back from WWII. He never said so, but I think it was a way for hiim to retain the fraternal brotherhood that he had in the service. I can somewhat equate as I was in Greek fraternity in college and understand the draw of brotherhood.

newsman

One of the Regulars
Hmm well. It is an old organization. But I am a member of the Knights of Columbus and we have a hall where I live. We've had our hall for almost 40 years.

It is an all mens group. Although we have a women's group nationally our group doesn't have any members. I think that may change soon.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
We used to have a Moose Lodge here but no more.
The Masons re still active here. I used to have relatives that were Masons but I dont know anyone involved anymore.
Then there were military groups like the Amercan Legion (I belong). And the VFW. But the old VFW hall has fallen down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112