Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Carl Zeümer, measures 60cm, probably mid to later 1950s. Carl Zeümer was Carl Zeumer Magazin Zum PFAU (Peacock) prior to WWII (interesting Zeumer changed to Zeümer). There isn't any paper label so not sure what hat company made this Carl Zeümer.

26509044670_87777091cb_c.jpg

26509041140_5dbbffffda_c.jpg

26781806165_bcc61809d3_b.jpg

26177937363_c034da76bf_b.jpg

26687992262_2fc7a6be96_b.jpg

Here are two pre WWII Carl Zeumer Magazin Zum PFAU hats.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/168-carl-zeumer-magazin-zum-pfau/

RJR

Super find! This made my day! It's very rare to find an old Mayser Ulm Soft Felt. Is there a size tag at the rear? I haven't seen that logo before. Would it be possible to send me a PM with the individual photos? Also close ups of the logo (sweatband and crown tip)? Thanks!

Thanks! The prices per dozen for Wool Felts was 25 - 37 Mk. per dozen so about 50 US Cents at the low end and about 1 US Dollar at the high end. The price per dozen for Fur Felts was 50 to 90 Mk. so about 1 US Dollar at the low end and about 2 US Dollars at the high end. These are wholesale prices so most likely the retail price was double. The US prices are based on 1913 conversion data (this price card could be earlier but I couldn't find earlier conversion data).

I still have photos of documents from the Gotisches Haus (Gothic House) Bad Homburg , Germany hat collection that I need to post. In this case I didn't go through the translation process because the content was straight forward but when I have to go through the translation process it's very time consuming.

Last edited:

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Thanks! The prices per dozen for Wool Felts was 25 - 37 Mk. per dozen so about 50 US Cents at the low end and about 1 US Dollar at the high end. The price per dozen for Fur Felts was 50 to 90 Mk. so about 1 US Dollar at the low end and about 2 US Dollars at the high end. These are wholesale prices so most likely the retail price was double. The US prices are based on 1913 conversion data (this price card could be earlier but I couldn't find earlier conversion data).

I still have photos of documents from the Gotisches Haus (Gothic House) Bad Homburg , Germany hat collection that I need to post. In this case I didn't go through the translation process because the content was straight forward but when I have to go through the translation process it's very time consuming.
I can imagine the work that goes into something like that. Even if you're fluent in the language, I'm sure there are plenty of technical terms and jargon to try to figure out. You would really have to love your "hobby" to do undertake such a project! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider