Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Great photos and hats!

BTW I checked for the label under my black J. Seidl hat...
the model is named "Komet", I suspect a strong hint towards 1910, where there was a lot of hysteria and also "commercial exploitation" of Halley's comet.

The hat is labelled 56 cm and measures 56.6 cm.
As it is older than my preferred timeframe (and too small), I think I'll let go of this "Komet" and let it fly towards someone else's collection. ;) If there is interest, let me know gents.

Komet.jpg

Great find! Happy to see the old ones!

A super Lounger meet up, gentlemen. I'm envious of such a trip, and delighted for the two of you!! Thanks for letting the rest of us peek!

Sonero

Practically Family
Yikes. I struggled with the translator while ordering from Zapf. I hope " DIE " doesn't translate into what I think it does. I want to " Live " to wear these hats :)

On the last page there was something saying delivery times are different for the order. Ok I guess as long as they get here.

I ordered the :

Altaussee

image.jpg

and the

Ferdinand

image-1.jpg

Sorry if the pics aren't clear. Thats all I could get off their website.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Yikes. I struggled with the translator while ordering from Zapf. I hope " DIE " doesn't translate into what I think it does. I want to " Live " to wear these hats :)

On the last page there was something saying delivery times are different for the order. Ok I guess as long as they get here.

I ordered the :

Altaussee

View attachment 56325

and the

Ferdinand

View attachment 56326

Sorry if the pics aren't clear. Thats all I could get off their website.
I've ordered directly from Zapf twice before, and delivery time was about 2 weeks. If you have any specific questions, you can send them an e-mail through their KONTAKT page: If you write it in English they will reply in English, and they respond fairly quickly.

And it looks like you made some nice selections. Please be sure to post photos here after they arrive!

RJR

Update: Flea market finds of Today!

A really nice Mayser Favorit Homburg from 69! Condition is like New.

MayserFavoritHomburger3.JPG

A wonderful old Lord hat in brown - size 55 but fits my 56 - ind good condition. Probably from the 50s.

LordHat4.JPG

And last a Clipper - Brand is unknown - good condition - Probably 70s

Clipper4.jpg
Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points