Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

While hathunting yesterday I found this one. Echter Mayser in black (does seem to have a blue tone under certain lighting conditions), size 59 (not my size). Raw edge brim at 5,8 cm and crown 11,5cm at the pinch. It was the gorgeous liner and the thin felt that sold me on it. The liner is a deep winered colour. Just a very nice example of a Mayser hat. Sold by Joh. Zehme of München. Form seems to say "Delia" and qualität: "Haum", but it's hard to read. More to come.

mayser schwarz59_02.jpg
mayser schwarz59_01.jpg
mayser schwarz59_03.jpg
mayser schwarz59_05.jpg
mayser schwarz59_04.jpg
mayser schwarz59_06.jpg
mayser schwarz59_07.jpg
mayser schwarz59_10.jpg
mayser schwarz59_09.jpg
mayser schwarz59_11.jpg

Another find in yesterdays' hathunt. Marke Greif in black, size 56. Bound brim at 6cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch. Felt quality and make won me over (at 15 euro it didn't take too much convincing). If I read the label correctly it would be model Bonn, finish Opal and colour schwarz. Couldn't find anything on Marke Greif, but maybe I wasn't searching hard enough. Found quite a few interesting hats at the start of the fall-season, but mostly homburgs in black (of which I have more than enough). This one I haven't seen before, so why not.

greif_02.jpg
greif_01.jpg
greif_03.jpg
greif_06.jpg
greif_04.jpg
greif_09.jpg

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Another find in yesterdays' hathunt. Marke Greif in black, size 56. Bound brim at 6cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch. Felt quality and make won me over (at 15 euro it didn't take too much convincing). If I read the label correctly it would be model Bonn, finish Opal and colour schwarz. Couldn't find anything on Marke Greif, but maybe I wasn't searching hard enough. Found quite a few interesting hats at the start of the fall-season, but mostly homburgs in black (of which I have more than enough). This one I haven't seen before, so why not.

View attachment 85091 View attachment 85092 View attachment 85093 View attachment 85094 View attachment 85095 View attachment 85096
quality looking piece

Last of the German and Austrian (because this one is) finds of this week. I saved the best for last. J. Heinr. ITA homburg in brown. No idea about the size because there are no labels at all inside the hat. I had to stretch it a little to fit me, so I'm guessing a size 56 or even a 55. Bound brim at 5.7cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch. No liner, just a crown patch made of paper (ususally made of cloth). The finishing on this hat is a bit sparse, but the felt is very smooth and soft and the ribbon colour and treatment is very nice. No idea about the age.

ITA_02.jpg
ITA_01.jpg
ITA_03.jpg
ITA_04.jpg
ITA_05.jpg
ITA_06.jpg
ITA_07.jpg
ITA_08.jpg
ITA_09.jpg
ITA_10.JPG

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Last of the German and Austrian (because this one is) finds of this week. I saved the best for last. J. Heinr. ITA homburg in brown. No idea about the size because there are no labels at all inside the hat. I had to stretch it a little to fit me, so I'm guessing a size 56 or even a 55. Bound brim at 5.7cm and crown 10,5cm at the pinch. No liner, just a crown patch made of paper (ususally made of cloth). The finishing on this hat is a bit sparse, but the felt is very smooth and soft and the ribbon colour and treatment is very nice. No idea about the age.

View attachment 85109 View attachment 85110 View attachment 85111 View attachment 85113 View attachment 85115 View attachment 85117 View attachment 85118 View attachment 85119 View attachment 85120 View attachment 85122
nice colour

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 85109 View attachment 85110 View attachment 85111 View attachment 85113 View attachment 85115 View attachment 85117 View attachment 85118 View attachment 85119 View attachment 85120 View attachment 85122
Another beautiful Homburg. You're a genius at finding them.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Another beautiful Homburg. You're a genius at finding them.

Steve, thanks. I'm lucky to live close to Amsterdam, where there are several vintage clothing shops who carry hats. It's not their main focus and they don't treat them very well, but at the same time it means they sell them at low prices.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Steve, thanks. I'm lucky to live close to Amsterdam, where there are several vintage clothing shops who carry hats. It's not their main focus and they don't treat them very well, but at the same time it means they sell them at low prices.
Nice. There's a shop like that where I live, Elsinore in Denmark. I've found some nice hats, but nothing compared to your beauties.
I'm in Berlin at the minute, but can't find anything here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto