Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geronimo Brand 1940's Chinos

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
Good info. How much of the rise is occupied by the fly?

Also, how/from where are they measuring the rise? There are several ways of describing rise (most of them wrong, there is only one way to measure rise) which lead to confusion. For example, the difference between inseam and outseam (the rise) of a pair of trousers I'm completing for myself is 13", whereas the distance from the point where all 4 panels come together to the top of the waistband is 14.75" (this exacerbated by my having especially large thighs). The first measure gives a more accurate indication of where on the body the waistband will sit. Just measuring around from the fork to the top of the waistband will give a misleadingly high (not)"rise" measurement.

I emailed Geronimo customer service asking about the front rise. I'll report back my findings.

UPDATE: Customer service got back to me in a timely manner. On a pair of 36W 40's chinos, the front rise is 13", consistent with vintage patterns.

Last edited:

Tommy-VF51

A-List Customer
So any tried these on more recently? How do they compare to the Stan Ray Chinos (similar price bracket)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto