Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Hip to Waist ratio

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this question, but...

It seems that the old Hollywood stars had around a 12 inch difference between their waist and hips. I think I read somewhere on FL that a more typical difference is 10 inches. Is this true? What was the typical measurements girls with "good figures" had in the hourglass shape? The stars then, like today, sometimes have figures almost impossible to obtain.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Satin Rose Intimates

I can't recommend Satin Rose Intimates enough, thank you KittyT for letting me know about this shop! I just got some panties from them and they are so pretty. Unfortunately I ordered them a size too big, so they are up for sale: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=786488#post786488

exquisitebones, I only have an 8-9" difference too, my hips aren't very wide. I'm perfectly fine with that, and I know you have a wonderful figure too. :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
I seem to have a 10" difference even if my weight goes up or down.

Laura, those are beautiful :) Which danish size would you think they would fit?

Too big for you, love! :) I think they might be about 42, according to the Satin Rose Intimates size chart they should've fit me, but they are too loose, I like them tight. But they are soooo pretty and comfortable! My boyfriend loves them, especially the sheer ones. lol I'm keeping one pair, which fit fine, but those are stretchy cotton. Really cute, with a flower print.

But are nylon panties supposed to fit a bit loosely?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up

Laura Chase

One Too Many
KittyT said:
They don't do exchanges on new items? I love the plain Nancy King nylon panties they carry.

Yes, they are awesome! I think they are my favorites too. Sooo sexy.

No, no exchange on underwear. I understand them, they can't know what I did with them, although I only tried them on on top of my underwear because I could see they looked kinda big.

How do yours fit, are they supposed to be loose? I'm hoping sz 7 will be perfect, I don't want them to be completely tight, but these were just too loose.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Laura Chase said:
How do yours fit, are they supposed to be loose? I'm hoping sz 7 will be perfect, I don't want them to be completely tight, but these were just too loose.

Mine are a little loose, but not so bad if I wear them over a garter belt (so sexy!). The ones I originally got were too tight around the legs (athletic thunder thighs) even though they fit fine everywhere else, so I had to go up a size so they're a tad loose. Also, I wouldn't want them too tight, since nylon panties can run and I don't want to put too much stress on them, though at around $5/pair, it's not that big of a deal. Better than most of the $20 pinup panties!

I got my plain Nancy Kings from http://www.lingerieoutlet.com/, where they are not only a tad cheaper, but they also take returns if it doesn't fit, so I was able to exchange mine.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
KittyT, unfortunately they don't ship outside the US, but I'll remember the site for when I move later this year.

I think the Dixie Belle panties from Satin Rose Intimates are beautiful too. *swoon*

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Laura Chase said:
I think the Dixie Belle panties from Satin Rose Intimates are beautiful too. *swoon*

Oh, they are! They are EXACTLY like a vintage 50s/60s pair I'm wearing today :) Secrets in Lace used to have sheer nylon ones with the same cut and lace trim. I loved them and wore them until they fell apart.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
JupitersDarling said:
what did ladies wear from 1930-1945 wear under low backed halter tops (like sportswear and sun dresses)?
Surely they wore something! But what?

Probably a backless/strapless bra, otherwise called a merry widow.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Any experiences with this brand: http://madebyniki.co.uk/ ?
The designs look like they're worth saving some money for but what about the quality?

SS08_Fresh%20Foundations_Black1.jpg
Silver%20satin%20panties%20pin-up%20side%20pink%20lace.jpg
Girdle%20satin%20purple%20pink.jpg

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
They sure do look nice, but the fabrics also look a bit silky, flimsy... makes me wonder if the foundation garments actually offer any control. I have seen the half slip/pantygirdle before, I really like it and it seems a good idea. But again, maybe it is the way they present these items, but the impression I get is that they are made for those that do not actually need any foundation garments ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know anything about the Figurette brand? I found a regular bra and a longline bra in the vintage section of eBay in my very rare size. My goal is to take apart a vintage bra to make a pattern. Is it really a vintage brand? I found Figurette listed in some online stores, but that doesn't always mean anything. Playtex has both vintage and modern bras, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112