Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

girls in guy's garb

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Tilda Swinton
article-2172822-140A5F15000005DC-564_964x1092.jpg

Michael

Are you sure it's not David Bowie?

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
My attitude is: why bother with an ersatz male when I can have the real thing - indeed when I am the real thing! But each to his own, as they say.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I'm not even sure what this means.

I was being flippant because I didn't want to get too serious or heavy about it. However, what I mean is that I am interested in and attracted by masculine men in 'guys' garb' and that I am on the masculine end of the male spectrum myself, without being excessively so or too macho. Attraction in this context isn't just physical but covers the whole emotional range. For me - and I accept that this is, like all matters of this kind, mainly subjective - a woman dressed as a man is an ersatz or fabricated male and my reaction to her is the same feeling of bemusement and bafflement that I feel if I get on the wrong bus. Or, put it another way, a real man is like man wool for me, whereas a woman dressed as a man would be the equivalent of acrylic or polyester ('Polly Esther': now that sounds like a drag artist of the opposite kind). The ersatz male 'in men's grab' is a pastiche or parody of a man and doesn't have either the physical attributes or the inner emotional life of a man. The best way to sum up is to say that I simply don't do 'gender neutral' or 'gender fluid'!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112