Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Age Actors/Actresses Who Aged Gracefully

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Olivia de Havilland, born in 1916 and known for her role in Gone With the Wind, among many others. I believe she is still alive today. WOW!

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
Clark Gable, 1960, age 59.
4121331357_032274c3a5.jpg

Gilbert Roland, young
8233452702_6569e04509_z.jpg

Gilbert Roland, age 74
4884897.jpg

Last edited:

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Robert Cummings aged very gracefully:

In his late 20's/early 30's
robert_cummings_61987-800x600.jpg

Here he is at age 69
Robert_Cummings_%281979%29.jpg

Oh! And Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward! The man never had a bad decade. Heck, I'm not so sure he ever had a bad day! She was stunning from the start and aged into a beautiful woman. They remained gorgeous, didn't they?

paul-newman-joanne-long-hot-summer2.jpg

l.jpg

7114a.jpg

Effingham

A-List Customer
I've always admired William Powell.

In "The Thin Man" (
WilliamPowell.jpg

In his later years (around mid sixties, I think, shortly after retiring from film):
Prtraitoldr.jpg

He passed away at the age of 91 in 1984.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Great examples. As for not aging, what about Walter Brennan? He looked old from the start, and didn't necessarily look any worse in Rio Bravo then he did in Barbary Coast

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Another vote for Cary Grant and Lauren Bacall. I'll add another favorite of mine: Robert Young. Sorry for no photos, but look at him back in West Point of the Air, then in Father Knows Best, then in Marcus Welby. Lovely man.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
William Powell aged gracefully, as was mentioned before. I just wanted to mention I have always loved watching him as Doc in "Mr. Roberts". Who else could turn rubbing alcohol into Scotch, but William Powell?

Cary Grant's last movie was "Walk, Don't Run", I think. Although he didn't play the romantic lead, he still looks very handsome. Although he does end up power walking in his boxer shorts.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Beverly Garland looking pretty good when she was 76:

MV5BMTI1MTQ3OTcwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzU5Mjky_V1_SX214_CR00214314__zps286a5997.jpg

Remembered as Fred MacMurray's wife on My Three Sons, she will for me forever be the semi-tough secretary, Miss Foster, who Edmond O'Brien roughs up in D.O.A. (although in the film she went by the name Beverly Foster).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points