Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Era Aircraft

Repairman Joe

New in Town
My dream plane is the Grumman Albatross...many a time I've day-dreamed of leaving my life behind for a chance to be the King of Somewhere Hot with my own flying boat.....

lord_k

One of the Regulars
My dream plane is the Grumman Albatross...

Here's a nice picture:
RCAF_Albatross.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Sundowner

Thank you, me too!!! If so, it's either the Ercoupe or a brand new Zodiac. I can't decide!
QUOTE]

Ercoupe hands down! Though, if you want to be a good Stick & Rudder Man, er Lady, a Beachcraft Sundowner with the silly interconnected bungee cord ruder aileron disconnected!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Two of my favorite cargo aircraft are the Fairchild C-82 Packet and the C-119 Flying Boxcar. For no better reason in that my Father had used them when he was in the Army stationed over in Germany to hitch a ride from base to base.
c82_01.jpg
778px-C-119(021001-O-9999G-016).jpg

If I remember correctly both aircraft were used in both versions of The Flight of the Phoenix.

Cheers!

Dan

HepKitty

One Too Many
mm1.jpg

Martin Mars

Ohso pretty!

Ercoupe hands down! Though, if you want to be a good Stick & Rudder Man, er Lady, a Beachcraft Sundowner with the silly interconnected bungee cord ruder aileron disconnected!

lol I've heard the Ercoupe is easier and I must admit it would be cool to say that I learned in such an old plane, but it may be better to start with slightly more complicated. The Zodiac has a stick instead of a yoke which is a little more unsettling, but if I start with that the Ercoupe will be cake. Tomorrow is the day to choose though, given that the weather cooperates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB