Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Era screen shots

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Working on organizing the collection of '30s, '40s, and '50s short films I have on my computer, and thought I'd share a few shots from them with the lounge - shots that show off clothing, styles, and the general environment. I think these shorts are a good way of seeing the average day-to-day styles and such, because of their lower budgets not allowing for all the big costuming work and such.

These shots come from "Hired!," a 1940 short produced by the Jam Handy Company for Chevrolet, as a training tool for dealers.

hired1.jpg

hired2.jpg

hired3.jpg

hired4.jpg

hired5.jpg

hired6.jpg

hired7.jpg

hired8.jpg

hired9.jpg

hired10.jpg

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Next up: "The Trip," a sadly all-too-brief color (!) Chevrolet commercial from 1939. Not as clear as some of the others, but the color is really nifty:

thetrip1.jpg

thetrip2.jpg

thetrip3.jpg

thetrip4.jpg

thetrip5.jpg

thetrip6.jpg

thetrip7.jpg

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Thanks! Here are a couple more.

First up, "Trader Thorne," from the early/mid '50s, a Ford dealer training short starring none other than Hugh Beaumont (!).

traderthorne1.jpg

traderthorne2.jpg

traderthorne3.jpg

traderthorne4.jpg

traderthorne5.jpg

traderthorne6.jpg

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
And a few from the infamous "A Case of Spring Fever," a 1940 short where a small demon named "Coily" torments a man who wishes there were no springs (seriously). How about that plaid belted-back jacket?

caseofspringfever1.jpg

caseofspringfever2.jpg

caseofspringfever3.jpg

caseofspringfever4.jpg

caseofspringfever5.jpg

caseofspringfever6.jpg

caseofspringfever7.jpg

caseofspringfever8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member