Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good God in Heaven!

Price predictions, please on this 1942 suit. Good luck with the auction, Quirrel!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1942-Dated-Tweed-3-Piece-Suit-/161240501457?pt=UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing&hash=item258aaeccd1
$_57.JPG

Edward

Bartender
Beautiful cloth, though I'dsay it won't sell for as much as had it been a coupleofsizesbigger. The inseam sounds particularly short?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I have to think that the plus fours will decimate the amount of potential bidders.

Edward

Bartender
Durr.... I missed that bit. I tend to fixon measurements in eBay auctions- too often have I seen what looks like a perfect suit for me... if only I were four inches shorter. The jacket and waistcoat would look fantastic with navy corduroys, or perhaps a pair in scarlet to match the cross-hatching. Probably, yes, will mean it sells for less than had it been 'normally' trousered.

Possibly. But I've seen plus four suits go pretty darn high!

I hate to be the one to break it, but any sizes bigger than that and the price plummets. There just isn't as big a market for quality vintage in the larger and small sizes (which is, of course, good for me!) despite protestations to the contrary.

Qirrel

Practically Family
In my opinion Marc's suit was a bit more spectacular, though. I'd be very glad if it went for as much as £700, but I don't think it will go that high. This one has been sitting in my closet for almost half a year, and having come to terms with it not fitting me I'm still sad to see it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana