Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good suits never die!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I have been asked by many friends of mine to the knowledge of if it is vintage or not. Here are a few pic?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s that I snagged off of ebay that demonstrate the look of a true vintage article. These are some very nicely photographed double breasted suits from the late 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and early 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. I hope these are some help to some of the new comers!

Enjoy!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Here is a nice mid 30's Belted/pleated back. This is the stuff dreams are made of!

I really like the fact that they had a close up of the fabric! Isn't that pattern insane? By insane I mean incredible.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Really? Say, that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s swell! Do you have any pictures of you in it? If so, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d like to see.

Yes, there isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t any thing like a true blue vintage suit to make a fellow walk down the street a little taller.

Cheers.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Suits! More suits!!! Some have asked me if plads and stripes go together. I say they can if it's done right. Here's a photo of Bing Crosby sporting just that!

Regards.

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey, you with the 82nd?

I get the feeling that you are in volved some how.:D Most bouble breasted suits in those days were six buttons. they buttoned up to the second for that nice high cut. The waist of the pants were to be as high as that button as well. This style is coming back but, the quality isn't.

Welcome to the club!

Root.

PS. This is a photo of Edmund Lowe from 1935. Killer looking suit.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey, that's a nice suit there budy! Has the look of a vintage suit!
I know where to find you a late 30's suit if you ever make it to Pasadena. Price is good as well.;)

Any pic's of you in it?

Root.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
The first suit looked afeminate?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ then I saw that it was buttoned on the wrong side.

The rest of those suits in any shade of brown {To match my Akubra Federation Deluxe: ?¢‚Ǩ?ìThe Best Fedora I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve owned In Over 20 Years?Ǭ©?¢‚Ǩ?} I would buy in a heart beat. See guys?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ this is how a man is supposed to dress if he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s not in Uniform. Actually, that is my civilian uniform.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Wow, :cry: I'm moved to tears. That's the nicest thing to say Matt. I will try and get some photos of my stuff up here soon. First I need to lose a few pounds LOL Yeah, I have let my self go over the last few months.

Highest Regards,

Wild Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch