Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goorin Bros caps?

Colt3840

New in Town
Hello all! been lurking around here for a bit and have gotten a wealth of info from searching and reading!

I recently have decided to go the cap route (Newsboy style) and wanted to get some info on Goorin Caps. What do you think of them? and how would you rate them against some of the other makers out there? I have a chance to pick one up for about $40.

A little more background on myself. I just recently purchased two caps from Not-Bogart13 that I love made by The Hat People. I also have a Hanna to add but I am still looking to grow my collection. I also have been considering a B!wear in the near future.

Sorry for the long rant and Thanks in advance for any and all the info and help you give!

RJR

My opinion,fwiw,go with Brett @ B!Wear.Custom caps at a non custom price.I have a couple of Goorins,nice but not great.Your problem,Colt,is that you'll eventually get a cap from one of the Lounge's custom makers,THEN YOU'RE HOOKED.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
They do not even touch a cap made by Johnny or the other cap makers on the forum.
b3cee4f38a53dddb3baffd05c4518f53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
They do not even touch a cap made by Johnny or the other cap makers on the forum. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to Wiser's post. Most of my cap posts have been on the Facebook Forum, Cap Department so I have pasted a few bespoke Cordova Caps below. Like some of the other folks experience, I have started with City Sport, Hanna, Goorins, Hat People and many others and morphed into wearing custom caps. There are differences between the mentioned preveyors and the differences help define their market niches. Read, imagine and look into the on-line ads and the differences become noticeable. The caps that are more fashion, vs. niche, vs. era and the like are to be expected. My experience have been that none are bad - just different. The business models/niches are different so that the product vended are different.

If cap wearing becomes a daily habit bespoke is the path. The craftsmanship, materials and ability to get the "exact" size makes it an easier purchase. The price may be higher initially, but they are infinitely more wearable (you get to choose-options galore), better materials and bespoke craftsmanship/durability. In fact I use many of my earlier purchases as hard work caps and they work well. I use other, such as examples below, for town and country living.

i-R66mv3V-S.jpg

i-zNs2ZxL-S.jpg

i-HvW3k8D-S.jpg

i-ZQzN8nF-M.jpg

i-MP9rgjm-S.jpg

i-HMBmc7k-S.jpg

i-HZhkJ8K-S.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just thought I'd mention that I was down on Lincoln Road on South Beach today and stopped in at the new Goorin shop. The saleswoman was very nice and I told her about this forum, just after she paid me a nice compliment on my VS Milan. The Goorins really aren't anything special, although I saw a few that weren't bad. The prices, though: Holy smokes! Great place for a hat shop, as I saw about ten people forking over the dough for straws. People on vacation want souvenirs, and what makes more sense than a Panama in Miami in July?

Reactions: RJR

addison

One of the Regulars
Hmmm....I took a look at B!Wear's Web site and they look pretty darned interesting!!!

Their prices seem very reasonable for a custom product.

RJR

Hmmm....I took a look at B!Wear's Web site and they look pretty darned interesting!!!

Their prices seem very reasonable for a custom product.
Brett is a nice guy.Contact him and give him an idea as to what you want.As Eric points out above,bespoke hats/caps are something you generally morph into but some makers like Brett will turn a regular pattern into something special for you.

Sonero

Practically Family
I received my first Goorin Hat in the mail today. The quality was unimpressive. It was immediately shipped back to the store for a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk