Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got blocked by Simmons Bilt Instagram because my comment

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Speaking of current fashion, selvedge denim and old school leather jackets - saw the following flipping through my wife's latest fashion magazine (InStyle US edition, Aug. 2017) - two separate pages touting cross-zip motorcycle jackets as fashion items (so I guess this style is still holding strong in today's disposable fashion era) and then an entire page telling women to wear raw denim and to ditch the distressing!!! I guess us folks just might just be on the right side of high fashion this Fall!

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Speaking of current fashion, selvedge denim and old school leather jackets - saw the following flipping through my wife's latest fashion magazine (InStyle US edition, Aug. 2017) - two separate pages touting cross-zip motorcycle jackets as fashion items (so I guess this style is still holding strong in today's disposable fashion era) and then an entire page telling women to wear raw denim and to ditch the distressing!!! I guess us folks just might just be on the right side of high fashion this Fall!

View attachment 81635

View attachment 81637

View attachment 81639
Isn't there something about this kind of thing that drives you nuts? They can never quite get it right, mainly because their entire reason for existence is to sell the crap they feature. If you ever need a laugh, check out the "Top Ten in Leather Jackets" in any of the magazines.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As small boy, my mum used to iron bloody razor-sharp creases into my jeans - I was too young to know how rubbish this looked - which would eventually lead to ruler-straight white lines down the centre of them. One day, having watched one too many Levis ad, I asked for a new pair of jeans and no creases! Things started to improve from there on...

Harris HTM

One Too Many

View attachment 81635

View attachment 81637

View attachment 81639
Damn, 1500 usd for a schott...
Ps - I love my schott's but mine were half price!

Feraud

Bartender
Isn't there something about this kind of thing that drives you nuts? They can never quite get it right, mainly because their entire reason for existence is to sell the crap they feature. If you ever need a laugh, check out the "Top Ten in Leather Jackets" in any of the magazines.
Yeah, it can drive people nuts (not to mention BROKE) if they are stupid enough to follow Fashion. There is nothing sartorial whatsoever about the fashion scene. It is simply a platform used to advertise selling product.

Edward

Bartender
Lol good point, though it went downhill big time for the last several seasons anyway.

I found the writing stayed sharp enough, but I really felt that it should have ended about a season earlier than it did: for me, the true ending should have been when he met their mother. What they did seemed like they were trying to give the audience what they thought it wanted, but really they were pushing a relationship that wasn't convincing the first time around, let alone the third or fourth....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch