Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got My Second Himel Jacket Today

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I am going to compliment you on this jacket a second time because it’s phenomenal. The only addition I’d make is to bling it up with some Native American turquoise jewels. It’d match the Aztec-geometry of the buttons. Lol.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I could never wear this (and its not my style) but damn it suits you and looks great on you...
Yeah this shawl collar style seems to work very well on me for some reason. I can't exactly pinpoint why, but hey I'll just go with it!

@tmitchell59 thanks! They are Globe Specs. Some of the best sunglasses around IMO
@Monitor I'll do my best! No promises though here in socal :p I'll never get to wear it as much as I want
@nick123 Thanks! That may be a little too much bling for me :D
@Mysteryo hey I am a fanboy of Himel too! No shame in that
@SpeedRcrX yeah the Avro would probably be my next Himel. I love that jacket so much.
@Benj haha I'm sure it will fit you just as well as the Wolverine does :D

Thank you everyone for the very kind words.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I could never wear this (and its not my style) but damn it suits you and looks great on you...
I'm with you PN. I had a Thedi shawl collar for a fit jacket from Thurston and I didn't like how it looked on me. Beautiful leather and perfectly stitched but it didn't go with this mug of mine.
Dude, on the other hand, rocks this style to perfection!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Very nice jacket dude! At first I was going to suggest you rub some rogaine on it so the hair would come back. ;) Looks like a perfect fit too.
haha I almost did that myself!

@El Marro Thanks! That's sort of how I feel about D pocket and cross zip moto jackets. I'd like to try more on and see if there is one that does look good on me.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
You do wear that jacket well. I had a HH Heron and the BK style at the same time. They are both gone. Some jackets just fit certain folks just right. That one does you. A Bison just sold on ebay. I was tempted, but it was not a sleeper. several after it. Well worth what it sold for. Very nice. It was a 42. Nice dark brown.

marmalademan

Banned
forgive my ignorance please, relative newbie here with a few questions. I must openly admit from the outset that I don't really know what I am talking about here and am more than happy to be corrected! If you can, please do

So here goes. The colour of this jacket is magnificent and has really perked my interest. You mentioned that it has more depth than you've ever seen before and so I am wondering if we know how shinki dyes their leather? Or is that a part of their secret process?

Also, is this aniline leather? I am assuming it would be, but wondered if you can confirm.

My last question is what do you think about shinki teacore? Is that pigmented, and if it is (or if it isn't too) do you consider that a lesser grade than the leather used on your jacket? @dudewuttheheck

Teacore leather seems to be in vogue right now and I do get the appeal re how it will age, but I wonder if afficonados here consider it an inferior leather to full aniline?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
forgive my ignorance please, relative newbie here with a few questions. I must openly admit from the outset that I don't really know what I am talking about here and am more than happy to be corrected! If you can, please do

So here goes. The colour of this jacket is magnificent and has really perked my interest. You mentioned that it has more depth than you've ever seen before and so I am wondering if we know how shinki dyes their leather? Or is that a part of their secret process?

Also, is this aniline leather? I am assuming it would be, but wondered if you can confirm.

My last question is what do you think about shinki teacore? Is that pigmented, and if it is (or if it isn't too) do you consider that a lesser grade than the leather used on your jacket? @dudewuttheheck

Teacore leather seems to be in vogue right now and I do get the appeal re how it will age, but I wonder if afficonados here consider it an inferior leather to full aniline?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies

Shinki actually dyes their leathers in a couple different ways depending on the specific goal they are trying to achieve. They have full aniline-dyed leathers and pigment-dyed leathers.

I personally do not consider tea core to be inferior at all. It was originally a cheaper way to dye leathers, but there is nothing cheap or quick about Shinki's process. From what I know, all of Shinki's leathers take longer to complete than Horween's shell cordovan by at least 2 or 3 entire months.

Also, from what I have seen, Shinki does tea core better than anyone else. I have 3 Shinki jackets- one waxed-finished leather, one tea core jacket, and this one which I am not 100% sure about. Between the two that are clearly tea core and not tea core: I love them both for different reasons. I would actually consider the tea core one superior to the non- tea core, personally.

Dave Himel told me that this jacket I showed in this thread is tea core, but it doesn't seem like it is. It is rather light for a tea core jacket, but I could certainly be wrong. If it is, I am excited to see how it ages because the tea core won't be that much lighter than the color currently is right now.

Certainly there is preference between the two. I personally am glad that I have both in my collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk