Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GPS our contracted workers in Iraq

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
We have the technology right now to place GPS chips under the skin of dogs and animals to track them if they are lost. Not those honkin' huge tags of yesteryear that hung off the ear; a small chip that fits under the skin.

With the kidnapping and killing we are seeing overseas by these terrorist factions in Iraq, why not just make it a requirement for all the workers we contract to have GPS chips inplanted?

The benefit would be we could track the terrorists and end the beheadings.

As a requirement to be a contracted worker, they would have to vollunteer for the inplant or not be hired.

What do you think?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Great idea, Matt! Better yet, use someone undercover as bait, a Special Forces or other operative. Go in a clean them out at once!
I get so p*ss*d off whenever I hear about those kidnappings and killings, makes me want to go in there and gut the b*st*rds myself!

Call the Pentagon with Matt's idea!

Brad

Wild Root

Gone Home
I say, that's a good idea! But, you could just ship all the "Homies" and "Gangstas" from LA and New York over there and get the job done. LOL LOL LOL they would have something to really shoot at! Thus, making our streets cleaner and safer!

Root.

Darek

New in Town
Sounds like a good idea, but it would have to be totally top secret. Once the terrorists know about the chip, they will take a metal detector to the person and just cut the chip out with a knife.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Originally posted by MK
Christians would have a big problem with adding chips under the skin.

I'm not sure... many already have surgeries to ad artificial bodyparts to replace lost limbs or ruptured valves. Why would a man placing a chip under the skin of another man be against Christian beliefs?

The goal is to save lives.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I believe that we shouldn't have a chip that has all of our identity on it. It makes us like robots and such. The artificial parts that go into making some one well are there to replace something that was there or broke. Adding a chip is making you able to be found where ever. Privacy is very important. I don't like the thought of all people of having a chip implanted, but some one that is in the service and would use it to stop people with bad intentions is good as long as that chip is taken out after the mission is completed.

I keep my car stock and so will I keep my self as stock as possible! No chips for me unless their made of potatoes or corn. LOL

Root.

PS. As a fellow Christain, I Know about that stuff! The day is coming.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Mark of the beast huh?

Nice page. If you believe technology in this case is the devils tool then you could be right on target because it is being used to mark.
If you believe the tribulation is really upon us then you must be cautious and refuse any such mark.

According to that page it is all going to happen anyway.

If you take upon yourself an inplant in the interest of saving lives yet know it could be the mark of the beast would you have to renounce your Christianity, even if your cause is just?

If it is truly the Mark of the Beast, I really think it's pretty cool that I am the one who put forth the suggestion

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I don't know exactly what the mark will be...no one can say for sure. We do know that eventually you will not be able to buy or sell without it.

Like I said, I am not ready to say that this chip is the mark. I will say that some people will die rather than have it implanted in them.

Could the chip be more like they have in cars to prevent auto theft? It will be off unless activated when necessary to find someone. I suppose it would be the same thing though.
I just want the kidnapping to end. If it means we can track the rats down, sneak up on them and eliminate them then it looks pretty good to me. ;)
I do fall into one of those groups that worry about how this could be used if it got into the wrong hands though. Perhaps it is time to make laws that protect people from illegal tracking but we already have cameras everywhere. If you look closely, you will find that you were filmed somewhere today and there is a record of where you were via your cel phone, OnStar or some other such technology we take for granted.
I have no concrete answers but it is something to think about before going down a road from which there is no turning back.

Regards to all,

J

schwammy

Familiar Face
Nice idea. Technology also exists in the form of a wristwatch that cannot be removed without activating an alarm. It is designed for children, but it could work for adults too:

http://www.wherifywireless.com/prod_watches.htm

As for the mark of the beast, I have my own personal opinion as to what that is. Suffice it to say that the number '6' corresponds to the letter 'vahv' in the Hebrew alphabet, so '666' can translate roughly to 'www.' For more info:

http://home7.swipnet.se/~w-73784/beastrev.htm

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
How are they kidnapping the contractors in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is where the real trouble lies.

If we don't have better security there in Iraq and if we're not spending more time looking for the WMD's that are there SOMEWHERE, then what are we doing?

Marlowe

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
How are they kidnapping the contractors in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is where the real trouble lies.
Good point.

Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
If we don't have better security there in Iraq and if we're not spending more time looking for the WMD's that are there SOMEWHERE, then what are we doing?
We're helping them to rebuild their country, get civilization and culture operating again.

MDFrench

A-List Customer
I know this sounds horrible to say, so please don't take it the wrong way, but I have been having thoughts for many many years that the worst events in the history of the Middle East were the withdrawal of the British Empire and subsequent injection of the Jewish people back into the region - now let me explain my point.

I feel that while the Jewish nation was justified in wanting its own borders after the Holocaust of World War II, it could not have chosen a worse place to be. I know that they wanted to be back where God first placed them, near their temple and all, but I almost feel like in granting such a request, the world put them in a worse position than Nazi Germany, for now they are literally surrounded by their millennia-long enemies and embroiled in a holy/territorial war that will never end. I mean, shouldn't someone have stepped in and said, "Um...this might not be the best place to relocate them to...How about Wyoming where they will be safer?"

I have nothing but respect for the Jewish people and in no way intend to offend any Jewish members of this forum.

In regards to the British Empire, I know I don't have all the facts, but history has shown that the Islamic world cannot get along with itself, let alone its global neighbors. They are constantly in turmoil, embittered with ageless grudges. They will not find peace in my lifetime nor my grandchildren's lifetime. When the British were present at least, there was some semblance of control and order. As Lawrence of Arabia documented so effectively, when independence was granted to them, chaos insued. A chaos that continues to this day.

Their complete fusion of religion and politics has had the detrimental long-term effect of polarizing their nation and evolution as a society and simultaneously their way of dealing with other nations in the 21st century. While there are other nations that have not progressed due to cultural issues, the Muslim world has the dubious distinction of being the society that adds terrorism and extreme violence to the mix in all corners of the globe.

It seems like violence is their way of life, both domestically and in their dealings with other nations. I don't have the answers, but I do see the problems.

Mike

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
We have the technology right now to place GPS chips under the skin of dogs and animals to track them if they are lost. Not those honkin' huge tags of yesteryear that hung off the ear; a small chip that fits under the skin.

With the kidnapping and killing we are seeing overseas by these terrorist factions in Iraq, why not just make it a requirement for all the workers we contract to have GPS chips inplanted?

The benefit would be we could track the terrorists and end the beheadings.

As a requirement to be a contracted worker, they would have to vollunteer for the inplant or not be hired.

What do you think?

But the stars still burn the heavens at night for Fred-the-starlighterinfrared.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
Christians would have a big problem with adding chips under the skin.

With respect, MK, not all Christians would...maybe not even a majority of them worldwide. At least not for those reasons. There are some, myself included, whose understanding of what the Bible has to say about end times don't construct the future in such a way that implanted chips as "the mark of the beast" are a great concern.

Still, those same Christians might object on other grounds, such as the potentially dehumanizing effect that unconstrained use of technology could have.

Edit: Just realized this thread is over two years old. Whoops. :)

Feraud

Bartender
Ah, an oldie but a goodie!

Could anyone really object to implants used in particular applications? The reality is, most of us conduct large portions of our lives on the internet, cellphones, and using wireless devices.

Do we really value our privacy or dislike the idea of a "tracking device" being a mandatory part of our lives.

Are such devices already in use? I can recall certain extreme religious groups bemoaning the fact the credit cards would be used in such a way and such cards as a harbinger of "the end of times."

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I know it's not under the skin (so it wouldn't help a contractor in Iraq), but pretty much every American can be tracked by their cell in their pocket, and tons of personal info all there for "whoever" to see. So is there any big difference? Pocket or skin it's all the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112