Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey Royal Diplomat 1950s Men's Fedora Hat 7 3/8

mattface

Practically Family
http://www.etsy.com/listing/86005295/grey-royal-diplomat-fur-felt-1950s-mens

il_570xN.285784929.jpg

This hat is in beautiful shape. It's not a brand I've heard of, but I think they were trying to associate themselves with Royal Quality stetson, and quality-wise it does look and feel on par with Royal Stetson. I judge t to be from the 50s, but it looks like new. The felt and blocking are excellent, the Sweatband is pristine with onion skin underneath. The liner is sewn in. It looks as though the liner once had a cellophane, or other clear plastic layer to protect it that turned brittle and flaked out long ago. You can still see a few remnants of this layer attached in the seam, but it won't take much to remove all trace of them. The hat is labeled 7 3/8. The crown is 4 1/2" tall. The bound brim measures 2 1/4".

I'm having a hard time getting the color to represent right in the photos. it's a darkish grey, with a bit of a brown tinge to it in certain light, but overall the impression is grey, and it's darker than the photos represent. The photo of the bottom is closest to the true color of this hat

I'm happy to ship outside the U.S. just message me for a shipping quote.

mattface

Practically Family
That was very generous of you, pricing it that low. You probably could have got twice that.

Hmm... well maybe I was being overgenerous, but in spite of the really nice condition, it's still sort of a no name hat. At least I've never heard of that brand. That was where I was coming from with the low price. I also got a really good deal on it myself, and I've got no problem with making a decent profit and passing along a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ