Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grizzly jacket in old documentary footage

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I was watching an episode of The Great Ships - Dreadoughts, on youtube and happened to notice one of the shipyard workers in one of the documentaries is wearing a "grizzly" jacket. Of course this is more interesting than how they built battleships a hundred years ago, even though it's not a style I'm interested to own, lol.

upload_2017-5-22_22-7-16.png

In the video this clip stars at 20:13, and lasts about 5 seconds. I wonder if Mr. Himel went back in time and sold it to him, lol. Imagine wearing a $3000 leather jacket to work, and working in an environment as rough as a shipyard!

Last edited:
I don't know about the griz but cool video and interesting to watch. It's like watching John Henry die with his hammer in hand.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Imagine wearing a $3000 leather jacket to work, and working in an environment as rough as a shipyard!
That is why none of the reproductions will never gain the patina of old timer originals, be they Japanese Buco's, Goodwear A2s, Eastman B3s etc etc. Folks out there pay so much for these things and become scared to wear them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points