Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair color advice needed

vintageTink

One Too Many
I couldn't find the blonde thread, so I apologize in advance to my favorite bartenders.

My husband would like me to go blonde, and I'm completely okay with it. Not sure what color to choose though!
I have been blonde before but looked too orange/yellow to me.

Opinions greatly welcomed.
This is my non-vintage look. My usual vintage look is in my avatar. And the added photo.
Edited to add: avatar is in what natural light Tacoma has. Ha! Pic below is my friend's bathroom.

177423_23Sep13_image.jpg

177423_23Sep13_image1.jpg

Last edited:

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I'd have a look online for your colouring profile. I spent years having caramel and gold highlights in my hair and thinking they were not quite right for me but not knowing why. It's because I have a 'summer pale' complexion and suit cool whites/silver and not golds! Now, I have a white streak (having had platinum-white when I was a gothy teenager and not fancying the upkeep now I'm 40-something!), and it's perfect.
For the record, I think your natural colour is lovely anyway, it brings out your eyes.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
vintageTink I do think you will look beautiful as a blond. (you look beautiful now too) Platinum would go nicely with your skin and eyes.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Have you considered doing a blonde streak initially? It will give you an idea of what kind of blonde suits your skin tone without going the whole hog.
Here's a picture of Super Kawaii Mama to give you an idea of what I mean.
Dove-hair-condition-2.jpg

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Yes, that is me in my avatar. My hair is long, thick and stick straight, sort of like a horse tail. I have to snap a pic of the curls quickly, before they are gone.

A streak is a great idea Lolly loisides . It always looks great in a pomp or victory roll. Now you've got me thinking too.

Last edited:

vintageTink

One Too Many
If I want to curl my hair it has to be a wet set (and generally overnight) or solar/lava temperature hair torture devices. Won't take a curl otherwise.
But my hair is stick straight and baby fine. It's just resistant to anything.

Lenore

Practically Family
Working on it. It's a slow process as my hair is dyed black. So far so good though. Gimme about a week and I'll have pictures. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vintageTink

One Too Many
Mine was dark and I used color fix to remove the dye, then had to bleach twice to get it to it's current level 7.
My natural is level 3. I have half inch of root growth so I'm going to add some lowlights in and blend it.

vintageTink

One Too Many
I'm going to put my hair back to level 4 and leave some blonde highlights in. I'm debating on whether or not to leave a big streak in front.

Fgradowski--What color are you thinking of going?

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
I miss my streak so much! Since my hair is short now it wont work but once i grow it out i'll definitely get one again. I had a platinum streak as well as having the underlayers of my fringe platinum so when it was brushed down it looked red but in a pompadour or a roll the blonde showed. It's such an awesome way of having vintage looking hair without really trying and it always gave me motivation cause i wanted to live up to my hair :p haha

Lenore

Practically Family
Yup, did it myself. I'm too cheap to go to a salon. I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I might go a taaaad lighter in a few weeks, but we'll see. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21