Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

Goose.

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
Just the pin for sure. Us Eagle Scouts don't need any feathers, unless your on the OA dance team!
Eagle Scout gtdean48...

Yep...I took the plumage out. :eusa_clap
Funny in that I was thinking of putting on a lodge pin but went with the "Eagle".
Can't dance worth beans anyway :D

Your's in WWW (Before it Meant The Web)...
Goose.

Click the pic:

carter

I'll Lock Up
Inusuit said:
attach a tie tack or other pin with a similar spike on the back to a hat ribbon? Or the FFA pin, mine from 1958 has a screw back. I looked at my old tie tacks, found a couple that would look good on a hat, but can't understand how you attach the pin so it lies flush with the hat. There is evidentally a way that doesn't end up with a pin through the felt. Thanks.

Inusuit
It depends on the width of the ribbon. This works for me.
If the bow of the ribbon is wide enough, insert the nut of the screwback beneath the wrap in the center of the bow. Then push the screw on the back of the pin through the wrap so it engages the nut. Then turn the pin to tighten.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
OK G-Man!!!! We'll talk in Mont Eagle... at Capones place.!:D

Oh, man... that's this weekend. Last month I was all set to talk my wife into going, when I realized that it's the same weekend as part two of some training my company is having everyone attend. It's good training, but the timing was lousy!:eusa_doh:

And now, to go dig up my camera and hat w/pin! :p

lc1484

One of the Regulars
the pin is the Eternal Blue Line flag. www.thinblueline.org
for police officers killed in the line of duty on my new VS

IMG_0055.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Nice, lc! I was unaware of the Eternal Blue Line flag until now. I'm surprised I've not seen one on the news or elsewhere. It's rather like the Blue Star/Gold Star banners for the military. Still, I thought that police officer's caskets were draped in the American flag like those of military veterans.

Regards,
Tom

lc1484

One of the Regulars
Thanks Tom,

the caskets are still draped in the American flag...this flag was created sometime in the early 90's as a law enforcement identifier and has since been adopted by the National Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation...

I have never seen it draped over a casket of an officer killed in the line of duty except in the picture from the website.. unfortunately the many funerals I have attended in CA have been with the US flag over the casket as is tradition of being killed in the line of duty...

Larry

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
TWA pin on a Stratoliner

OK, here it is:

StetsonStratolinerwithTWApin9.jpg

StetsonStratolinerwithTWApin7.jpg

But I can't get a good shot with the colors looking right. It's a rich dark brown, with a reddish brim binding and a darker ribbon.

StetsonStratolinerwithTWApin5-1.jpg

StetsonStratolinerwithTWApin6.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

This one is the closest, I think:

StetsonStratolinerwithTWApin.jpg

Goose. said:
Eagle Scout gtdean48...

Yep...I took the plumage out. :eusa_clap
Funny in that I was thinking of putting on a lodge pin but went with the "Eagle".
Can't dance worth beans anyway :D

Your's in WWW (Before it Meant The Web)...
Goose.
Brother Eagle/OA, Harley Rider, Hat freak = a true Blood Brother! lol :eusa_clap

Goose.

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
Brother Eagle/OA, Harley Rider, Hat freak = a true Blood Brother! lol :eusa_clap

Hey GT...
Yep, brothers in several ways. :) Pretty cool.

Took the Eagle Scout pin off my Sydney. Thought it was too shiney. Gonna look for my sterling one with a little tarnish (the one in the pic is rhodium finished).

So, on me lid, I tried two badges...I think I'll go with the smaller one with the Huey. Thoughts? Suggestions? Cash?

Click the pics:

BTW, think I'll order one of those Thin Blue Line pins...very cool and meaningful. Plus, may get me out of a ticket someday (you'd be surprised how handy my weathered old Eagle card has been ;)) But seriously, I like what that Blue Line flag represents. :eusa_clap

Goose. said:

Hey GT...
Yep, brothers in several ways. :) Pretty cool.

Took the Eagle Scout pin off my Sydney. Thought it was too shiney. Gonna look for my sterling one with a little tarnish (the one in the pic is rhodium finished).

Absolutely cool. I may take the lapel pin I got for my son making Eagle. It is more pewter looking....

Goose.

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
Absolutely cool. I may take the lapel pin I got for my son making Eagle. It is more pewter looking....
Yeah, plus I think the smaller one looks better as a hat pin. Can't find mine :(

Post pic when you do it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points