Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Model Specific Boxes

buler

I'll Lock Up
As far as I've seen. We've hit upon most of the model specific boxes. There are a couple of variations of the Stetson 100 leather case and a chipboard case that many 7X and 100s came in. You can always visit the not model specific hatbox homage thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hatbox-homage.43368/

Hopefully, there are many more model specific boxes we haven't seen that someone will post!

B

Very nice idea for a thread.

The Stetson catalogs and sell sheets that have been posted in other threads show that many of the styles offered in the first half of the 20th C. were given evocative names (as opposed to quality designations). I am not aware that these names made their way to signature hat boxes until after the second World War... perhaps because the sheer volume of the offerings made stocking special boxes for each hat was not cost effective? Or perhaps because hat sales were brisk enough that such an effort/cost was not needed? Does anyone have an example of a model specific box from before WWII?

I have little to add to the great examples posted above, though I do have one of the paper boxes made for the Stetson 7X Clear Beaver.

7xclearbeaverbox.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Very nice idea for a thread.

The Stetson catalogs and sell sheets that have been posted in other threads show that many of the styles offered in the first half of the 20th C. were given evocative names (as opposed to quality designations). I am not aware that these names made their way to signature hat boxes until after the second World War... perhaps because the sheer volume of the offerings made stocking special boxes for each hat was not cost effective? Or perhaps because hat sales were brisk enough that such an effort/cost was not needed? Does anyone have an example of a model specific box from before WWII?

I have little to add to the great examples posted above, though I do have one of the paper boxes made for the Stetson 7X Clear Beaver.

7xclearbeaverbox.jpg
that is just beautiful Alan

I too am curious as to pre war model specific boxes ...

everything I am aware of is 40s or later

Anthony, I'm glad you started this thread. Indeed, some great examples here (Buler - WOW).

The only other one I can think of right now is the Champ Featherweight box that has something on it about being lighter than a pack of smokes. And didn't the Lee Adventurer come in a specific box?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm blown away at the great hat/box combos posted here. It doesn't matter what it is, but I always seem to learn something new from you giants of All Things Hats.

Wow, completely in awe here... :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Anthony, I'm glad you started this thread. Indeed, some great examples here (Buler - WOW). The only other one I can think of right now is the Champ Featherweight box that has something on it about being lighter than a pack of smokes. And didn't the Lee Adventurer come in a specific box?

Below are a couple Lee Adventurer and their labeled boxes. Check the pic out. The boxes come in a couple of colors.

i-XWpXJC5-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points