Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatbox Homage

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Game Bird

Dobbs Game Bird

B

dobbs_gamebird_box_1.jpg

dobbs_gamebird_box_2.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This is a really cool Bees Hat hatbox (Bees Hats in St Louis Missouri) that my mint condition Bees hat came in. The box is a little beat up, but overall its really nice. Enjoy:

DSC03155.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

DSC03158.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson

Red Stetson box I haven't seen before. This is one of those double-thick, heavy boxes. Leather strap with interesting v-shaped brass buckle.

B

stetson_red_box_1.jpg

stetson_red_box_2.jpg

stetson_red_box_3.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Fayrefield Hats 1940's

This is a rare one found recently behind some shelves in Melbourne's 100 year old City Hatters (a must-visit shop for hat lovers visiting Melbourne). The box contained this pristine top-shelf Homburg and the receipt - all sitting ready for collecting during WWII, and there it remained forgotten for 60 years until discovered recently. I've encouraged the store to put it on display.

SDC10680-1.jpg

Reactions: CKC

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Ephraim Tutt said:
This is a rare one found recently behind some shelves in Melbourne's 100 year old City Hatters (a must-visit shop for hat lovers visiting Melbourne). The box contained this pristine top-shelf Homburg and the receipt - all sitting ready for collecting during WWII, and there it remained forgotten for 60 years until discovered recently. I've encouraged the store to put it on display.

SDC10680-1.jpg
can you share how much a hat like that would have sold for, 60 years ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points