Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Siete Leguas Blanco, Corona and Temple in Mink
fc4261c8539fe1da1047394835ce799c.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Chamuco, you had me until I saw the Corona was light. :eek:

Spring is officially almost here because I marinated a couple of T-bone steaks in Maker's Mark bourbon tonight , then cooked them over charcoal in the dark while wearing my old smoke & grease stained shantung Stetson Drover hat. My wife said I'm more accurate than that groundhog; 4 more wks of winter!

RJR

Spring is officially almost here because I marinated a couple of T-bone steaks in Maker's Mark bourbon tonight , then cooked them over charcoal in the dark while wearing my old smoke & grease stained shantung Stetson Drover hat. My wife said I'm more accurate than that groundhog; 4 more wks of winter!
:D

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Well about the Yamazaki whisky, I am surprised about this thing, how can the Japanese be able to copy an Scottish traditional drink and make it good enough to even beat some of the original stuff.

I got it neat and with one ice cube, both ways I got a rich tasting drink with a lot of wood and honey taste on it, I do like it more neat, I can tell you it beats most of the scottish single malts available here.

It is strong enough to make the point that you are drinking a strong beverage but not the kind of stuff that burns your mouth.

Will keep drinking it, you should try it.

I did some research over the web and found that it was named the best whisky of 2014.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Chamuco, thanks for the education! It sounds like it might be hard to find in the States but I am sure I have seen the blanco with the blue label on the shelves of better liquor stores. I will look because I do want to try some blanco. I do drink the Sauza neat, sometimes with a few ice chips spooned in; no fruit because of the bourbon flavor from the cask.

What is a good Mezcal? I bought some 100% agave once or twice, can't recall the brand but it wasn't Monte Alban (only brand I can think of). I killed off a few thousand brain cells with that stuff!
Hi Jack.

Well all tequilas are mezcal but not all mezcales are tequila.

Tequila must be made out of a variety of mezcal named Azul Tequilana Weber mezcal, it does look blue at sunshine and sunset, and be made from this agave grown on the whole state of Jalisco and some small parts of the states of Aguascalientes, Nayarit, Michoacan and Zacatecas.

The 100% agave is the best tequila or mezcal as it only contains sugar from agave, this means it is more pure, better tasting and almost no hang over, the ones that are not 100% contains sugar from sugar cane mostly, like rum, I wont even think about drinking that stuff.

The best Mezcal comes from the states of Durango, Oaxaca and Zacatecas, it is now a very fashionable drink for mexican hippsters, lots of brands, some may taste like gasoline but some actually taste pretty good.

People that know hot to drink it, drink it with Lemon, mexican lime that is strong, acid and very juicy, and a traditional salt called Sal de Mezcal, but a lot of young guys like the nezcal cocktails.

I can have 2 or 3 straight mezcales but my taste is more a tequila taste, maybe because I have tried it all my life, here it is common that when you are a toddler and your teeth begin to grow mother dip a finger in tequila and rub it in the kids gum and it seem to work as an anlgesic....there comes my love for this drink [emoji4]

Just got this mezcal from a friend who makes this stuff in Durango, when I try it I will leave my opinion about it, if I am still able to write anything !!!

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
I failed to get a photo, however, last night I attended a cocktail party in honor of Charles Darwin's birthday! The wife and I had a close friend watch our son (he's 3 months old), and we enjoyed and evening on the town...well really and evening up in the mountains outside of town, but you get the idea. Anyhow, it being a cocktail party the wife donned make-up, contacts, and a cute little dress, while I a dinner jacket, a grey fedora, and together we enjoyed martinis and manhattans! A great time indeed. And I find myself reminded that our liquor cabinet is well stocked for manhattans, we'll have photos yet!

Sounds like a great time! I'll have to mark down Charles Darwin's b'day on my calendar for next yr; never want to miss an opportunity to celebrate! I'm sure your wife enjoyed the opportunity to get away from the baby for a few hrs.

Congratulations on the new baby, by the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points