Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
aacecda314e652704758485f4afed738.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ok. Seriously. It was not at all like the Dobel Diamante. Def sweeter and less citrus up front. Slightly caramel and a bit of peppery vanilla which did remind me of cinnamon It had a straight forward and reposado type presence but smoother in the Anejo style.
Sounds like it might be so soft that about all you get is the pepper. A couple of wks ago I tried a few drams of Patron 901 Silver & there really wasn't much to it; a bit of vanilla up front with mild pepper, then more pepper in the aftertaste. I'd never buy another round.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like it might be so soft that about all you get is the pepper. A couple of wks ago I tried a few drams of Patron 901 Silver & there really wasn't much to it; a bit of vanilla up front with mild pepper, then more pepper in the aftertaste. I'd never buy another round.
It was soft but not alot of pepper. It did have alot goin on though. Its certainly worth trying without a doubt. Never had that Patron and I cant afford alot of those super premiums. After reading all you and Chamuco had to say abt the Dobel I tried it and liked it very much. My go to right now for $29/bottle is the Gran Centenario Anjeo.

It was soft but not alot of pepper. It did have alot goin on though. Its certainly worth trying without a doubt. Never had that Patron and I cant afford alot of those super premiums. After reading all you and Chamuco had to say abt the Dobel I tried it and liked it very much. My go to right now for $29/bottle is the Gran Centenario Anjeo.
I'd say the Dobel tops my list right now also, probably followed by the Herradura Repo. I'll have to try the Gran Centenario. I put it on my list when you mentioned it before. But to be honest I have found most of the Anejos that I have tried to be too soft & not having much taste. I much prefer the Reposados & Blancos I have.

My favorite bartender brought in a bottle of Suavecito Anejo & a bottle of Suavecito Blanco tequila from his distributor. While I did try both I drank several drams of the Anejo neat. It is a lower proof (35% as I recall) but has the agave nectar added back in & aged in oak for flavor. The Anejo was very smooth with absolutely no medicinal alcohol aroma or taste. What I was getting tonight was a sweet vanilla taste up front with maybe some cherry, & an after taste of orange, cherry & some pepper. No other citrus. Mild & soft for sure, but a very nice sipping tequila. In a top shelf Margarita most people wouldn't even know they were drinking any tequila, it would be so smooth.

From what I remember of the Blanco it was very nice also. A friend & I did some serious damage to his bottle of Anejo. I told my bartender that next time we would work on the Blanco to form our opinion.

Chamuco, what can you tell me about the Suavecito brand?

My favorite bartender brought in a bottle of Suavecito Anejo & a bottle of Suavecito Blanco tequila from his distributor. While I did try both I drank several drams of the Anejo neat. It is a lower proof (35% as I recall) but has the agave nectar added back in & aged in oak for flavor. The Anejo was very smooth with absolutely no medicinal alcohol aroma or taste. What I was getting tonight was a sweet vanilla taste up front with maybe some cherry, & an after taste of orange, cherry & some pepper. No other citrus. Mild & soft for sure, but a very nice sipping tequila. In a top shelf Margarita most people wouldn't even know they were drinking any tequila, it would be so smooth.

From what I remember of the Blanco it was very nice also. A friend & I did some serious damage to his bottle of Anejo. I told my bartender that next time we would work on the Blanco to form our opinion.

Chamuco, what can you tell me about the Suavecito brand?
It is good to learn from a true connoisseur! I had a bad experience with tequila and Doritos years ago. I can't even stand the smell of a bag...I can however, drink a good Tequila!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21