Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Burlington Coat Factory

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
deanglen said:
I liked the part about the steam usage to tweak it the way you like it. I'm glad you're okay with it not being actual vintage, but still fur felt and classic in look. Check out this link:
http://www.milechai.com/judaica/huckel-black-hat.html
I wonder how good of a deal Burlington is offering?

dean

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it.

Maybe BCF is really offering a good deal, but I suspect Huckel probably makes various hats of different quality levels. If I were to pay $130 for a hat, I'd want a genuine leather sweatband and a silk liner, not to mention better quality felt.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Orgetorix said:
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it.

Maybe BCF is really offering a good deal, but I suspect Huckel probably makes various hats of different quality levels. If I were to pay $130 for a hat, I'd want a genuine leather sweatband and a silk liner, not to mention better quality felt.

I'm sure that's the case, too, I just wondered if Burlington got a deal on one of their cheaper hats. Still looking forward to your pictures.

dean

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Finally got some pictures of my Burlington hat:

dsc00004nq4.jpg

dsc00006ex1.jpg

dsc00007ex0.jpg

dsc00012wl4.jpg

deanglen

There you have it! A TERRIFIC looking hat that has classic style and didn't break the bank! I rest my case. Way to show it! I'm pondering a trip to BCF today! Maybe another find in the offing. Thanks for the shots, Orgetorix, there are a few of us of limited means, at present, that appreciate your presentation.

dean

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I've repeatedly heard of good fedora finds at BCF and every time I've been in there, have come up completely empty. Is it a regional / seasonal thing? Californians wouldn't know a good hat if they choked on one, maybe we don't get them out this way.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
The Wingnut said:
I've repeatedly heard of good fedora finds at BCF and every time I've been in there, have come up completely empty. Is it a regional / seasonal thing? Californians wouldn't know a good hat if they choked on one, maybe we don't get them out this way.

I couldn't say. When I picked this one up last week, it was the first time I'd every been in a BCF store. They had about three or four different styles and colors of fur felt hats, plus some wool junk.

Feraud

Bartender
I have not been in a BCF for years but I had found a couple of nice hats there.
It seems like a hit or miss kind of store. I have high waisted linen pants from there too. I suggest a periodic visit to look for bargains.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Joel Tunnah said:
Add brim binding, and you'd have an Akubra Stylemaster (in looks at least) - except the Akubra cost $110... :(

Good find.

BCF actually had some very similar hats with brim binding. I liked the looks of the hat without better, though--can't remember specifically what made the difference to me.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
I'm game. For twenty bucks I'll at least go and put one on for looks tonight. It would surely make a good leaf raking hat.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I hit BCF at lunch. They had one fur felt fedora...no liner, and the felt was so rough that it must've been badger.

Digging through the trouser section revealed that Louis Raphael still has good taste. I need to wait for a clearance sale and go pick up all the patterned stuff in my size. Still paper thin, but it's got the right look.

deanglen

Of course, BCF wil NOT meet everyone's taste or standards. But then again, neither does e-bay, modern Stetsons, etc. We all know the best is vintage. A hat for leaf raking is maybe the best someone feels those hats are good for. What we call vintage, was,at one time perhaps considered run of the mill, but because it's a half dozen decades old, it's a treasure, aside from the superior workman ship and material of that time. They are what they are.

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points