Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Hats on a Stick ®"

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
imgp7519.jpg

OK, that photo and this thread is a perfect match...;)

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Most of my hats are on sticks. I use driftwood pieces as hangers. This one has hand-blown glass eyeballs and a derby from a Booth's Gin bottle:
DSCF1356.jpg

And here's an interesting stick, too. (It has made one appearance already, but without explanation.) I made this from a hunk of emery oak burl found while hiking in Arizona near the Mexico border. The eyes are made from tagua nuts, pulverized turquoise in epoxe as irises, and hard black plastic as pupils. The upper eyelids are comprised of 3 layers of mahogany veneer, and the "nose horn" is ebony. Teeth are oak. The sculpture has a name, too: "2:31 a.m."

DSCF1355.jpg

And a close-up:
DSCF1358.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Taken this morning on the Oregon coast, near Bandon. Stetson No. 1 Quality atop driftwood, sea stacks in background. I'd love to attach the sound of the roaring surf, too, but don't know how. :)

1304ef7c6bb4e5021324861115.jpeg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ouch! These last few posts gave me a few sharp pangs in my gut. Two of my favorite places in the entire world. Though I'm not sure I've driven the 93, I'm all too familiar with the I-15 and I-70 & 80 through those high deserts-- always love that drive.

And Randall, that is a superb shot of the Pacific northwest coast. Again, I haven't been to the OR coast, but memories of NorCal (particularly Big Sur) and Seattle are enough for it to hurt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana